Feeling nauseous

SherBear1481
on 9/19/16 9:33 am
VSG on 06/29/16

Hello-

Do any of you feel nauseous in the morning or sometimes throughout the day? There are times I wake up in the morning and feel super nauseous and end up dry heaving. It is uncontrollable. It's like morning sickness without the pregnancy! Sometimes after I eat the feeling goes away but not always. 

Just wondering if this is normal or if I should bring it up to my surgeon? 

I usually always meet my protein goals and water goals.

Valerie G.
on 9/19/16 9:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My money is still on dehydration.  Morning nausea is because you've gone several hours without hydration.  I've known of several who woke up in the night just to drink some water and go back to sleep.  When you feel it midday, think of how much fluids you've taken recently.  Even though you meet a daily 64oz goal, your body may be reacting to stretches of time that you go too long without hydrating.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

SherBear1481
on 9/19/16 2:03 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

Thank you for the response. I will try drinking more water or drinking it more spread out through the day and see if that helps. 

I get the same nauseous feeling after I work out and if I drink my water too quickly it comes right back up, so you are probably right. It's probably dehydration. 

Valerie G.
on 9/20/16 9:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

64 is just the minimum, really.  I can drink that much before lunchtime, myself.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

WEBnyc
on 9/20/16 10:49 am
VSG on 10/21/15

I didn't overeat and I had a friend who gave me iv fluids often to make sure I was properly hydrated. I was nauseous for about 6 months. I'd get so frustrated and just cry because I couldn't keep food down. My stomach and valves were not restricted there was no physical problem (ppl on here tend to have all kinds of obvious diagnoses). I was just nauseous. All of a sudden it went away. You should def let your Dr know any issues that arise as he may suggest different diets etc. my dr told me to eat whatever I wanted and not worry about fat/ etc because I couldn't keep anything down. Don't worry though it will eventually pass. 

SherBear1481
on 9/22/16 11:01 am
VSG on 06/29/16

Thank you for your response. I did tell my surgeon yesterday at my 3 month post op appt. He said to just monitor it and play around with different times that I drink water/eat foods. He said everyone's body responds differently to the shock of the changes and I might just have a really sensitive stomach. I am hoping it passes because right now it totally sucks!

WEBnyc
on 9/22/16 4:24 pm
VSG on 10/21/15

Yeah. It feels like it's never going to end but then all of a sudden it just does. Keep your chin up it really will get better!  

Most Active
Recent Topics