Post surgical pain?

rachelp
on 9/16/16 7:01 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Thank you and good luck! When you first wake up you will be like whoa! But you get better very quickly!

Valerie G.
on 9/15/16 5:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I cannot imagine the first few days without something strong, but I understand your concern.  

Ask if they have the On-Q pain ball as an option.  It's a device that holds a numbing med and has little tendrils that they insert around the incision.  I believe it's non-narcotic, and I had it with my hernia operation.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

FuturePinUp
on 9/15/16 12:33 pm

My pain level was pretty much totally minimal as of Day 3 post-op. Prior to that, I was on my pain med drip in the hospital post-op, and then switched to some painkillers, which I really only took for 2 days. Definitely would suggest speaking to your Doctor about your concerns.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

ShrinkingStacy
on 9/15/16 12:33 pm
RNY on 08/19/16

That is something you can discuss with your surgeon prior to surgery there are non narcotic choices.. NO NSAIDS though  ever again.  You are having major surgery so discomfort varies by person.  I was given TORDOL for 2 days because of pain and that morphine had no effect on me at all.  I was sent home with Oxycodone but again there are other options   

fiercebynature
on 9/15/16 2:16 pm

I had hydromorphone ( think t was called) twice in the hospital  and what ever they gave me in the recovery room . I've just been using extra strength Tylenol. I just do a bit then rest then do a bit more . 

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

diane S.
on 9/18/16 11:26 am

Well I had some morphine in the hospital that was pretty useless. Toradal what the better pain killer in the hospital but I was out after the next day. Had liquid vicodin but hardly used any of it. Whatever you use, get liquid form. pills can be difficult early on. GL.  I was lucky to have very little pain. My surgeon puts an anesthetic in the gas he blows in to inflate your belly so they can work. It helps minimize post op pain but it wears off after a day.    you will love your sleeve.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics