Have to admit, a little upset

Secrets224
on 9/13/16 7:18 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

I had my 2nd nutritional counseling today and went over everything pre-op and post-op. Then came the weigh-in at the end. Now, my scale at home says I'm weighing in 24lbs less than my initial weigh in,  and their scale says I'm only 15 lbs down since my initial weigh-in. Yes,  they are both losses, but a 9 lb difference is a big deal when you're trying to lose weight before surgery. Sort of disheartening.  

Surg. Date: 9/27/2016 VSG

HW: 334 * SW: 312 * CW: 188* GW: 175

*Mommy of 2 BEAUTIFUL little girls who make my life go round*

Anita
on 9/13/16 7:28 pm

YES, very annoying.............when do you weigh yourself at home? what are you wearing (or not wearing)? have you already consumed any food or drink when you go to the doctor's office?

nine pounds is quite a difference....I'm usually about 2 pounds higher in my doctor's office than I am at home.....I'm not sure how the difference you're showing is happening.

BUT......more important than the numbers on the scale.......how do your clothes fit? are you losing inches? did you measure yourself before you started? (I hate to admit that I did, but forgot to write it all down....duh) (but I don't care all that much because my old clothes were hanging off me so they are already in the donations bag)

bottom line....how are you feeling?

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Secrets224
on 9/13/16 7:36 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

I weigh either at night or first thing in the morning at home. Depends on if I remember to do it. I weigh with my clothes on just like I do at the doctors office. I know every scale is different,  but that's a big difference. It's annoying.  I feel good and I know I've lost and am losing and in a few months this will all be a long lost memory. It is just frustrating. And this scale is brand spanking new in my house,  so I can't imagine anything is wrong with it. Just every scale is different. I will make sure to take measurements before I go into surgery and log them and once a month,  I'll re-measure everywhere to track my progress for those stalls to keep me motivated! 

Joshua H.
on 9/13/16 7:39 pm
VSG on 10/26/16

I know that's annoying (happened to me recently -- about 7 pounds for me) -- but you know what you are doing and what the scale says at home.  I know you'd rather see the weight at the doc's office but you got this and you are going to blow by those phantom 9 pounds before you know it on the doctor's scale!

You are doing awesome!

Secrets224
on 9/13/16 7:59 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Thank you so much! The support is fantastic on this site. You're awesome! 

Anita
on 9/13/16 7:51 pm

bottom line.....don't get too upset with the differences.....it's all going to go away soon anyway!!! Measurements, how your clothes fit and mostly how you feel are the most important things.

Secrets224
on 9/13/16 8:00 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

I'll definitely keep focused on measurements and not get so hung up on numbers. I know they will go down. Thank you always for your kind words and support! 

Tempestt
on 9/13/16 7:42 pm
VSG on 09/07/16

The doctor's office scale was always off from mine. #1, I weigh naked, first thing in the morning at home, my clinic, however frowns upon me showing up before they open and fully disrobing to weigh.  I figure their scale to be within about 4 lbs. of mine and just accepted the two would never meet.  As long as you are seeing a consistent weight loss between your weigh ins at home and at the clinic, I wouldn't get tied up in what each number specifically says. 

#2, My most frustrating weigh in was gaining weight on the liquid diet between the last 2 days. I mean, you're barely eating anything, how the heck did I go up?  All good, because a week post-surgery and the scale in going the right direction again.

3 - Spare yourself weighing for the first week after surgery, your weight will fluctuate from IV and the Co2 they blow you up with.  You will gain.  Then you will lose, trust me on this, wait a week. 

(I don't know what happened with my font sizes part way through...sorry)

Anita
on 9/13/16 7:52 pm

love your response......gave me a smile!

McLassie
on 9/13/16 10:12 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

I feel your pain! My MD's giant scale is about three pounds difference, and when I factor in clothes/shoes and maybe a meal or water, it's usually five or six pounds different. What's more maddening is that if I get on one of those rolling scales instead of the main one (if I'm checking in at a different part of the clinic), it's closer to my scale at home. I would like to break that big scale.

It's okay, though. 15 lbs is still great! The number is going to keep going down from here. 

Most Active
Recent Topics