I think I'm the slowest loser in history.

mmsmom
on 9/11/16 8:28 am - Woburn, MA

I don't think there are any promises that your body will magically lose more due to vsg. I lost anywhere from.8 to 2.5 lbs a week.  Stick with it..you'll get where you want to be

VSG on 04/28/2014

McLassie
on 9/11/16 8:55 am
VSG on 07/25/16

Oh, I know that. I just haven't found a single person - in any blog, youtube video, or on this board - with as slow a loss as I have. Not a single one. I'm like 50% of average. Like I said, I'm not mad, it's just very strange to me.

Gwen M.
on 9/11/16 10:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I just checked my stats.  At seven weeks post-op I'd lost 22 pounds.  Which is about what you've lost.  I lost a lot pre-op, which might have made my post-op pattern more steady than if I hadn't.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Darcy G.
on 9/11/16 2:44 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

This was me.

I lost 26 pounds the first month, then over the next 4-6 weeks, lost another 4ish pounds. That long with that little loss, that early, I was constantly fighting the mindset that I'd gone thru the surgery and horrible complications to only lose 30 pounds.

But when it started moving again, it really started moving. I'm down 65 so far, still have another month to six months (technically, tho my surgeon said my complications caused that trip thru scale-hell, and counts me four months post-op rather than five. *shrugs*).

Your body has to do a lot of crazy math during this journey. This video helped me cope with scale-hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=2l AC0XP48Ck

(If that link doesn't work... Search "Dr.Alvarez stalls" on YouTube.)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

diane S.
on 9/11/16 11:25 am

Well I was a really slow loser. After the first 15-20 came off pretty fast I slowed to only 4 or 5 lbs a month. Dr, predicted I would not get to goal. Well I did , and then some getting down to 117.  To speed up weight loss doctor said to increase protein and exercise. I did for a month or two and it just got faster. I really think I just naturally became more active because I felt better. Anyway, keep at it and make sure you get enough protein. 

This is not a race. You will get there.  Trust me.  6plus years out and at 130, down from 247.   diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Karen D.
on 9/12/16 11:11 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Slow loser here!  I am just over 9 months out and only lost 9lbs in the past 3 months.  I am working out every day, lifting heavy weights 3x a week and eating right.  It's hard to not get discouraged.  But anyone on this forum who knows me, knows I have struggled even before the sleeve.  I was previously banded for 10 years and had to have it removed.

I'm 50lbs from my own personal goal.  It seems that it's going to take forever to get there!  Keep at it...you're doing fine. The body has it's own plans despite what I want it to do!

McLassie
on 9/13/16 10:16 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

As long as the number keeps going down, right? Good luck on your goal! Sounds like you're working your butt off and will achieve it!

Well, after all my belly-aching, I'm down three pounds this week. That's more than I've lost since I was still on clear liquids. I guess I just had to complain about it, right?

Most Active
Recent Topics