Surgery Date Set!!!

erynfaith
on 9/8/16 6:56 pm
VSG on 09/21/16

I got a call yesterday telling me I was approved for VSG and we scheduled for September 21st.  I have a few tests I have to do over the next week but we're off to the races here.  I'm a little anxious though, it all seems to be moving so fast. Probibly just nerves.  

Approved for surgery! date set 9/21 -- Heaviest Weight 458 -- At the time of Surgery 404lbs -- Currently 404lbs -- Goal 180lbs

Joshua H.
on 9/8/16 7:04 pm
VSG on 10/26/16

Yay for you!  Hope the tests go smoothly and the time passes quickly.

Tempestt
on 9/8/16 8:08 pm
VSG on 09/07/16

Once they call, it gets real, fast! I hope all goes well for you. I'm in hospital now, one day post op. Before you know it, your day will be here! Good luck!

psychoticparrot
on 9/8/16 9:06 pm

Nerves are the norm, pre-op. You wouldn't be human if you didn't feel any anxiety about the surgery. Most sleeve patients, including myself, found the actual surgery and hospital stay the easiest part of the whole process. It's the recovery phase and learning to eat sleeve-fashion that is more difficult.

Good luck!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/9/16 3:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had to do an insurance required 6 months of supervised weight loss, which I was very impatient about.  Then I was impatient again waiting 2 weeks for approval once my paperwork was submitted.  FInally they called and scheduled me for surgery in 10 days!  All of a sudden it was very fast! Just as well though - no time to dwell on it.  Surgery and recovery ended up being much easier than I expected by the way.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

rachelp
on 9/9/16 7:48 am
VSG on 08/01/16

That's great! Start getting ready because it will be here before you know it!!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

erynfaith
on 9/9/16 8:37 am
VSG on 09/21/16

I had to do the 6 months too... that seemed too easy.  I'm on Victosa for my diabetes so I was loosing weight with out much effort.  as we got to the last 2 months I started working with a Physical Therapist to get my back strong enough to do longer periods of walking and adapting to the post surgery real food diet.  I'd lost so well that the surgeon and nutritionist told me (I HAD to as both) that I didn't need a liquid diet before surgery. The told me that's not a licence to do a big last blast though -- be smart because bingeing will cause your liver to swell.

Last Meal is planned for today gonna go get a burger and fries and a small gellato.  I ran this past my doc's NP and he said that wasn't too bad just don't do it closer to surgery. 

Approved for surgery! date set 9/21 -- Heaviest Weight 458 -- At the time of Surgery 404lbs -- Currently 404lbs -- Goal 180lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics