Very High BMI...preparing for self-pay VSG in 20 days...what do I do?

ireadalot2
on 9/10/16 3:53 pm

Thanks, Meep! I really DO want the DS but that be in the future, IF my VSG fails..which I doubt it wll. I'm determined to make a WHOLE LIFESTYLE CHANGE. There are many things I love...snorkelling, hiking, yoga...which I have not done in years due to shame about my size. And I LOVE vegetables. I love lean meats. I can do this. And I will! :-) 

Lodie
on 9/10/16 7:23 am
VSG on 10/15/14

You have had many good comments so I'll just mention a couple of things. Please do not consider the Phentermine for pre op diet assistance. Even though it might dampen your desire for food it is contraindicated before almost any surgery. I can't speak specifically to what it does but most of the time providers want you to be off of it for a month before any surgery. I think it may be something to do with heart rhythm . Like I said, can't remember the exact reason. When you drop the high carb and sugars in your diet it will be really tough the first few days, but after that the cravings drop off and you will do fine on low carb pre surgery. Have you checked out Mexico for self pay? There are some reputable surgeons and the prices seem very reasonable since you are self pay and time is a factor.

HW=263  SW=253 CW=160 GW=140

ireadalot2
on 9/10/16 3:54 pm

Thanks, Lodie! I already looked into Mexico THOROUGHLY but my PCP FORBADE it. And my husband said no as well. And I was robbed and threatened with death in Mexico in 2014 in a bad situation...AND I know a few people whose relatives DIED by a supposedly EXCELLENT RATED surgeon in Tijuana due to lack of oversight and poor aftercare...so....no Mexico for me. 

Thank you, my PCP said NO phentermine before surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics