Arizona Diet Green Tea

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/7/16 11:39 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I think you're doing great on the liquid front! As Grim pointed out, the tannins in tea can cause issues with iron absorption, but if memory serves (I'll try to find the article), waiting a bit of time between tea and pills can help a bit. So maybe if you switch to water in the evening and take pills at bedtime, that would be helpful.

As far as choice of liquid, my surgeon's advice is that as long as it's calorie-free, you're O****d tea, sugar-free lemonade, crystal light, sugar-free seltzer water, Mio drops, anything that helps you get in the fluids!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mylastchance
on 9/7/16 2:38 pm

I thought that what was most important too.  Just get the dang liquids in as long as they are not loaded with calories.  I am going to try to add a bit more water.   I know it is the best way to go but I had a hard time with that metallic taste it sort of ruined it for me.  Once I have a bad experience with something I have a hard time going back to it.  Too bad I never had a bad experience with sweets...LOL

Thanks for the info. 

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/7/16 2:41 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

How about adding something like mint, lemon or lime juice, or cucumber slices? No calories, and just enough something to make it interesting. We have pretty crappy tap water here, but a squeeze of lemon seems to make it much better!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

happyteacher
on 9/7/16 4:58 pm

I do this- a couple of lemon wedges squeezed in the glass works well for me. I do sometimes add Stevia as well- like another poster mentioned I keep reading that one is relatively Ok for you assuming you have a brand that is not packed with additives. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics