Whatcha eating today? Tuesday, 9/6/2016

Gwen M.
on 9/6/16 4:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

For the last many days I've just been exhausted and it's frustrating.  I wake up after a good 8 hours of sleep and just want to sleep for 8 more.  I'm 99% sure that it's just adjusting to a new schedule/new term, but it's very unusual and concerning.  I see my PCP on the 15th and I'll get her to order bloodwork for me - I had the realization that I haven't had that done since March 2015. :/  

Today I'll be attempting my current idea for Tu/Th eating.  My plan is to push my breakfast shake as late as possible (not ideal, since it's best to get protein shortly after exercise, but it'll do), then I'll eat lunch either immediately before I leave for school or as soon as I get to school depending on when I leave, and I'll eat dinner once I get home from school late.  I'll take a protein bar that I can eat on the drive home from school if that becomes imperative.  Of course, I might skip dinner and go straight to bed when I get home from school too!  

1: protein shake
2: leftover frittata
3: probably leftover chicken pineapple enchilada filling stuff

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: about to go out to run - w2d1 of Zombies Run 5k, followed by some yoga post-run stretching

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

cappy11448
on 9/6/16 5:51 am

Hi All,

The left-over birthday cake got me yesterday - twice!

But today I am hopeful to be back on plan and back to healthy eating

Breakfast - salmon

Lunch - going out to an award ceremony.  We'll see how it goes.

Lunch2 - chicken with Dijon and lime

Dinner - I'm not sure.  I may have to shop and cook this afternoon.

liquids and vitamins are not an issue any more.

exercise - still is a struggle... I'll try to walk some today.

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

FuturePinUp
on 9/6/16 8:11 am

Hello! Hello!

It's been a while and I haven't been eating too great recently but today, the food has all been planned out so I should be a-ok!

Lunch: Salmon with butter/lemon/caper sauce (recipe here).

Dinner: Chicken parmesan without pasta (chicken/sauce/cheese)

Snack: Brie and some sausage.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

yvonnef1964
on 9/6/16 8:59 am
VSG on 08/11/14

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L crack slaw

D spinach and feta chicken sausage and baby carrots

S Greek yogurt and air popped popcorn 

W & V on track

E not feeling it today. I feel I'm exercise burnout lately.

Gwen M.
on 9/6/16 9:02 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I hear you on the burnout thing.  It might be worthwhile to try something totally new?  I went rock climbing (indoor) in early August and it was a revelation.  I've pretty much been doing the same stuff throughout my weight loss and this was totally new and scary - I had no idea if I'd even be capable.  BUT I WAS!  It was amazing.  I climbed for 2.5 hours until my grip gave out.  I felt so strong and capable and powerful and it was a totally brilliant experience.  :D  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

heidikat72
on 9/6/16 9:51 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

B and morning snack - dannon light and fit greek in banana cream - eat half for breakfast and rest later for a snack

L - 2oz low sodium ham and 3/4oz of cheddar

D - 3oz ground turkey cook in manwich sauce (1 can sauce divided over 7 meals), slice american cheese and if room, a little steamed cauliflower.

V - on track

E - joined the local YMCA over the weekend, so I'll go workout on the treadmill and bike after work. next week i start a yoga class!

W - need to do better, went to get blood work drawn this morning (I've always had trouble with them getting my blood to flow) and they didn't even get half the needed amount drawn so have to go back tomorrow for the rest. So need to plump up my blood with fluids and hope that helps. This needing 7 vials of blood drawn post surgery is crazy and my veins do not want to cooperate!

wyo_sarah
on 9/6/16 11:40 am

My day was off from the very beginning. I had an early morning spin/strength class. While I was there I got a major headache and then I did something to my knee, thankfully at the end of class. It is sore, but I think it will be fine. My student has been a pill today and that stress makes me want to eat.  I had planned to have a shake for breakfast but didn't have time to make it so it was cheese and crackers in the car.

B: cheese and crackers 

L: yogurt and granola and a baby bel cheese and 2 crackers

D: I have spaghetti sauce cooking in the crock pot, I'll eat that without noodles but I will probably have a slice of homemade bread.

E: spin/strength this morning and Zumba this evening 

W: good

V: I forgot, again

Dee R.
on 9/6/16 12:24 pm - CA

It's been a crazy ass morning!!  But, getting better. 

B:  Jimmy Dean Frittata w/2 turkey sausage links

L:  Jennie O Pepper Jack Turkey Burger (no bun) w/slice Havarti

D:  Always up in the air.  Never hungry.

S:  Hillshire chicken bites w/teriyaki sauce

V: done

W: plenty already

E:  day off.  Did almost 20 miles of walking over the weekend.

Have a terrific day everyone!!

rachelp
on 9/6/16 12:54 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

Hopefully you get your schedule all figured out along with your exhaustion issues. Weekends are really bad for me. I try to sleep in and my little girl and both dogs like to come and climb in bed with me for some morning time snuggles. Breakfast usually gets skipped and sometimes lunch too because when I finally get up I've got so much to do. Good thing my week days have lots of routine!

B - protein shake 

S - turkey jerky 

L - fried fish w/ almond flour & coconut flour batter (yes fried is bad but we had a fish fry!)

S - protein shake

D - probably more leftover fish

Water & vits on track

E - Got my fit bit in yesterday! I got 10k steps in yesterday and I plan on it again today (already at 4.5k)

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

psychoticparrot
on 9/6/16 3:45 pm

It's been fairly easy for me to keep to my plan lately. I love when that happens!

B: Coffee w/cashew milk

L: Omelet w/onions, red pepper, garlic and basil

D: Krab, tomato bruschetta salad

S: Apple, small glass sherry

W&V: On track

E: 2-mile walk (mall walk; it's another over-90-degree day here in Baltimore)

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics