Offering me sweets

psychoticparrot
on 9/1/16 6:03 pm

Your co-worker is guilty of first-degree Food Assault. She should be arrested and forced to eat nothing but candy for a month.

Whatever her motives are for trying to sabotage your hard-won weight loss, they aren't benevolent. She means to harm you by undermining your health. A person like that needs more than a subtle hint or a polite refusal. She needs the verbal equivalent of a two-by-four board upside the head.

Possible responses:

"If we're to continue to work in the same place on good terms, you will not offer me candy or any other junk food again."

"Candy is to me what heroin is to an addict. Don't offer it to me again. If you do, then I'll know your offers are not made from kindness but from malice."

If these don't work, then ...

"If you insist on continuing to harass me to undermine my health, I will report you to Human Resources." (Follow through if necessary. She's harassing you in a very real and unhealthy way.)

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/16 6:04 pm
VSG on 08/25/16
White Dove
on 9/1/16 6:19 pm - Warren, OH

Sadly what worked for me with the food pushers would be that I would take it, say Thanks and then throw it in the garbage right in front of them.  They stop offering.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Anita
on 9/1/16 9:24 pm

I'm liking the responses you are getting here....especially the 40 pound tuna.......wow, would I love to see that!

The other suggestions I might add are:

1. What part of NO do you not understand?
  2. I've tried to be nice to you, but apparently that isn't working......do I need to be rude to get you to understand that I don't eat sweets?
  3. Have I done something to offend you that you feel it's important to totally disregard my simple request to stop offering sweets?

The other suggestion I might make is to find out what she doesn't like or doesn't eat and then offer it to her every single day.....and after a week or so, ask her how that feels.

Bottom line.....this woman is a B*^#h........she is cruel and at some point she needs to be told that's what she is.

Good luck.......keep up the good work and don't let her negativity ruin all the effort you're putting in to get healthy.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/1/16 9:25 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

If anything the next time she offers sweets to you, lean back in your chair, rub your belly & with a big smile on your face say no thank you I'm still digesting the whale ostrich dog I ate this morning. Then go back to work lol 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

ladyeagle1993
on 9/2/16 3:48 am

I'd take it from her, and let her watch me drop it in the closest trashcan.  Then go back and look at her directly in the eyes and say "I don't eat that trash"!  Sounds like you are just going to have to get really firm with her. 

mmsmom
on 9/2/16 4:50 am - Woburn, MA

I don't think you need to be mean or nasty - just tell her no thank you since I will most likely end up throwing  it in the trash since I don't eat sweets - and then if she insists on giving it to you - throw it in the trash.  She won't want to waste her goodies after that.

VSG on 04/28/2014

LeapSecond
on 9/2/16 6:08 am - AR

Sometimes we just like to please people.  If you please this person you can't please yourself.  You are the most important to you.  Be kindly blunt.  "I choose to not eat sweets because they make me feel bad, Do you want me to feel bad?"  If that doesn't work.  I love throwing away the treats in front of them!!!

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Oneillch
on 9/2/16 7:46 am
VSG on 02/04/15

There's no reason to be rude, sarcastic or mean. My mother still offers me dessert or sweets & it's not out of malice or that she's trying to sabatoge me. It's called being polite. I's up to you to say no thank you and frankly, I would consider it one of those NSV's everytime I did.

psychoticparrot
on 9/3/16 12:50 pm

There's just one problem with that approach. If the co-worker ever catches Renren at a vulnerable moment (and we all have them) and she accepts the candy, then her problem gets very complicated indeed. Getting the co-worker to stop harassing her with sweets is the best solution. It's the equivalent of keeping junk food out of your home. If it's there in your face all the time, eventually you (and Renren and definitely I) will succumb.

psychoticparrot

Most Active
Recent Topics