2 years postop what are you eating?

asapgerard1984
on 9/1/16 5:31 am

Hey guys im curious to see what ppl are eating 2 years post op and more?  I feel like i do eat a lil more because of the gerd and hiatal hernia.  Also is there ppl here who have gained all the weight back?  I feel like my body is comfortable were its at and doesnt want to lose anymore

Sandra F.
on 9/1/16 6:00 am

I am not quite 2 years (October 6th will be 2 for me) but thought I would answer.  I have not gained all the weight back nor have I made it to goal yet either.  My body seems to be comfortable around the 175-180 area.  I would like to be at 160, but realistically, I am eating enough for maintenance.  I am too hungry to stop!  I do have to watch my grazing though as it continues to be an issue.  Good luck to you.

mmsmom
on 9/1/16 6:00 am - Woburn, MA

I was two years in April - my average day is

B:  lately it's been oatmeal with sliced almonds, iced coffee

L:  salad with a lump of tuna or sometimes popcorn and yogurt or whatever is at the caf... small portion

S:  too much snacking going on

D:  whatever I make the family - about 2-3 oz steak or chicken, veg

S:  after dinner too much ice cream this summer

I walk 10K steps a day faithfully

my weight is pretty good - I'm about 129 now, but my personal goal is 125.  I have been as low as 122 and very happy there.  I intend to get back to 122-123 after the long weekend  so that my winter clothes are fitting well.

VSG on 04/28/2014

NYMom222
on 9/1/16 7:29 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am 2 years + 6 weeks out. I can absolutely eat more. Maintenance for me is in the 1500 calorie to 1800 calorie range. I have been working on getting 100g protein from real food rather than relying on shakes and bars. After I hit goal I found the bars creeping in daily rather than 'occasionally'.

I don't count calories in general, but do do an occasional MFP week.. which shows me what I am doing. I count protein and fluids.

Do I eat more starchy carbs? Yes but occasionally not daily and often more when I am out with others... still watch and don't overdue it.

I also weigh myself daily... that is part of my accountability. If I see it going in the wrong direction for a few days I can make an immediate adjustment.

I also plan 6 small meals/snacks a day. Don't always eat them all, and sometimes it changes but at least there is a plan. So I am not in 'what do I eat' as I stare into the fridge land. :)

Still protein forward, some veggies, occasional fruit or starchy carb. Make sure you are getting fat as well. Ate full fat dairy, even when losing weight.

In weight loss mode I would stick to protein and green veggies with fat to get things moving... and higher protein numbers 80g-100g...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

wyo_sarah
on 9/1/16 8:02 am

I was 2 years on July 29th. I eat pretty much whatever I want but I limit my carbs and sweets and eat primarily protein. For example, yesterday I made fettuccine for my family. I ate a few noodles, but mostly I ate chicken. I eat sweets but in small quantities and not too often.ieat a lot of meat, cheese and eggs.  I'm not a dedicated exerciser but I try to be active. I go to a spin class once a week and I've gone to Zumba the last two weeks.

My high weight was about 275, about 260 at surgery. My lowest weight was 138 but I'm maintaining between 150-155. I'm 5'6 and 38 years old.

Gwen M.
on 9/1/16 8:08 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's hard to believe I'm over 2 years out now.  Time flies.  

I have a protein shake for breakfast almost every day and then I eat small, protein forward meals for lunch and dinner.  I rarely eat refined/processed carbs, I mainly stick to protein and veg.  I don't worry about fat content.  I avoid snacks and liquid calories aside from the protein shake.  

I gained 10 pounds after my dad died in April.  But, if you click on my trend weight link in my signature below you can see that I've been steadily losing weight again since I was diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder in July and started medication for that.  So it is possible to keep losing weight even after 2 years :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Laura in Texas
on 9/1/16 9:39 am

There are definitely people who have gained it all back, but not many who are still active here.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

karishka
on 9/1/16 12:30 pm

I will be 2 years out on October 9th.  A typical day for me is:

B - almonds and a cheese stick

L - Salad with chicken, ham, or salami and lots of veggies ( The ham and salami are questionable, but they work for me)

S- popcorn, tortilla chips w/ salsa (very small portion)

D - Protien

I am pretty bad about dinner.  I usually skip it.  Even at 2 years out I still can eat very little, although I can eat more than I could last year.  My goal weight was 135 according to my doctor.  I have maintained between 118-122 for at least the last year.  I am very happy in this spot, although I wouldn't mind getting to 115 :) 

yvonnef1964
on 9/1/16 5:23 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

I'm 2 years out. I usually have egg whites ham and cheese omelet for breakfast. Lunch I have either cottage cheese or tuna and fresh veggies. Dinner some kind of meat and vegetable.  Snack Greek yogurt, Turkey sausage snack sticks and fruit. I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day. I'm still losing slowly if I eat on track. I liked to lose 15 more pounds.

Most Active
Recent Topics