Upcoming VSG on 8/22/16

Tawni40
on 8/19/16 2:32 pm - TX

I am super nervous about my upcoming surgery on Monday 8/22/16. My 14 year relationship with my band will come to an end. I was banded 14 years ago by Dr. Hadar Spivak in Houston and lost 130 pounds. Fast forward to today, and I have gained back 40. But, what I didn't expect, was this excruciating pain for the last 4 years from this band. I have been to numerous doctors and was told that I needed an oophorectomy, to I had venomous insufficiency, to gastritis and GERD. I kept pushing for more test and another EGD and Dr. Terry Scarborough finally found the reason for my pain. My band had slipped severely and my stomach was extremely dilated over my band. The even worst news is all the acid sitting in my esophagus had caused damage. He thought I had Barrett's esophagus with dysplasia. Thank's to God up above, I do not. After insurance paperwork, filing and back and fourth rhetoric, they not only approved me to get this darn thing out, but they also approved me to get a revision sleeve gastrectomy. I am scared though, because all I know of Dr. Terry Scarborough is that he took over Dr. Hadar Spivak's practice who moved back to Israel. ?#?unbandedchain? ?#?somebodybreakthesechains?

Readerwoman8
on 8/19/16 4:50 pm

Good luck Tawni40!! I understand the nerves and fear, but just keep breathing ... it's the most important part!! Although you do not have total confidence in Dr. Scarborough, I find it very reassuring that he actually found what was going wrong and why you are in pain. The waiting can be torture, but the best of luck Monday!!

Most Active
Recent Topics