Need a little bit of a pick me up

Whatnow0621
on 8/19/16 10:33 am

I am finally eating, not at the liquid goal but getting better and I have started to get leg cramps. I know that my liquid is better because I have not had to use a laxative this week. My doctor just advised to deal, get some potassium pills and it will be okay.I also have horrible dry mouth at night, and I mean horrible.  However my bigger issue seems to be mental. I keep going back and forth to sadness and I don't have a therapist appointment until September. Is this normal? 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/19/16 10:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19

TOTALLY normal! Your body has been through a lot of big changes and it can be a lot to deal with. The forum is great for support, and journaling can be helpful as well.

You can find toothpaste and mouthwash for dry mouth, I've used them and they help a LOT. Biotene is good, you can usually get it at the drugstore.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Gwen M.
on 8/19/16 10:49 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It is normal.  I'm glad you have a therapist appointment coming up!  

Regarding the horrible dry mouth - this happens to me too when I'm eating the way I'm supposed to be eating.  It's gross :P

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Curvvychrissy
on 8/19/16 11:24 am
VSG on 08/15/16

Hi, I am glad to hear that your eating and drinking is better. I am totally pissed with your surgeon, but I know that you can do this especially with this group amazing  support and resources. When I feel down, I go for a little walk even if it is just around my apartment. I actually went to the store yesterday and did some walking. Talking to family help. Also, I have started to write in a journal about my day and what new things I figured out. Side note: yesterday, I learn that I am not ready for any pepper. I decided to give my brother a pick me up with some black pepper. I had a coughing fit. So, that is out of the question for now. 

Anyways, you can do this. That's all you need to remember, you are strong and powerful. 

High weight:310

Mo 1: 30

LeapSecond
on 8/19/16 2:21 pm - AR

Too bad about your problems.  It is normal to have altered mood after recent WLS because of hormone dumping from stored fat.  Also some surgeons use steroids during surgery to reduce swelling.  Steroids can effect mood.  I'm glad that you are seeking help.  Wi**** could be sooner for you.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Lodie
on 8/20/16 8:01 am
VSG on 10/15/14

I just wanted to lend a little virtual emotional support. I think that pic shows a group hug, lol! The mood swings are normal but are a real struggle when your in the "dumps". Glad you have an upcoming appointmen****herapist to look forward to. In the meantime you can do some things to help yourself some. As others mentioned taking a walk is a good way to break the negative thought cycle. I would suggest outside in the natural light is best, daily time (try to make it a habit) in bright sunlight has been shown to enhance mood. Even if you don't feel like doing it , you will feel better after doing it. Reaching out here is great, even better if you have family or friends to speak with personally. Writing your feelings is also therapeutic, it also servers a a reference later . If your feeling down, you can look back at your notes and see that it didn't last forever and how far you have come. I remember that at that stage things were getting better, but my life seemed to only revolve around what to eat,when, was it enough, did I drink enough...and so on. Pretty overwhelming at the time! It will continue to become easier and more routine as time goes by. Know that you are in our thoughts.

HW=263  SW=253 CW=160 GW=140

Kelly L.
on 8/21/16 3:52 pm

It is normal, it may be the hormone dump after surgery and due to quick weightloss.   You're doing fine, just keep getting those fluids in!

Most Active
Recent Topics