5 Weeks Post Op - NO Weight Loss

justpete
on 8/22/16 8:08 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

what are her stats?  wt height age.  and how long has she been dieting incl pre-op?  I'm thinking it might be a hormal issue from prolonged dieting.  I would recommend one day at double her normal carbs and almost no fat.  if that doesnt work, the following week jsut try to increase fat intake daily (like add a serving of nuts).

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

suecampbell
on 8/23/16 5:32 am
VSG on 07/01/16

Keith, how old is your wife?  As an almost 50 year old woman myself, things are changing (ahem) for me, and WOW, I get one good week of weight loss out of every four weeks (seriously, it's crazy.)  I will definitely GAIN a great deal of water weight in one week, regardless of what I do...it comes off SLOWLY over the next two...and then I get a weight loss of like eight pounds in one week.  Nuts.  Drove me crazy until I figured out what was going on.  I wish your wife all the best, and hope she sees that scale move soon.  I feel for her.

happyteacher
on 8/24/16 6:43 pm

Update?

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Keith L.
on 8/25/16 7:07 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

The scale seems to be moving. We added lymphatic massage and she has consistently increased her calories to be over 600 each day and that seems to have helped. At least she seems encouraged now. So that is better. I am not sure if it is all just coincidence and it was just a wicked stall, but I believe the lymphatic massage may have helped too. She is out of town for the next two weeks so we will see when she gets back. I have a feeling she is inadvertently eating below 600 calories right now.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

happyteacher
on 8/25/16 7:12 am

There could be something to the massage helping- getting all the fluid moving helps to get rid of some backed up fluid. I am just glad to read it is progressing in the right direction and she is in a good place!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

diane S.
on 8/25/16 12:25 pm

If you suspect thyroid then see an endocrinologist rather than primary care. They have more sensitive and specialized tests for thyroid than the routine one.

Also, I actually left the hospital weighing more than when I went in because they fill you full of fluids. I suspect fluid retention is in there somehow. 

I stuck to my program religiously and lost weight slowly (sometimes only 4 pounds in a month). But I did lose 125 lbs and got to goal.

Check with surgeon and good luck.   diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics