Day 2 post surgery

Curvvychrissy
on 8/17/16 11:53 am
VSG on 08/15/16

Hi everyone, I am new here. I had my surgery on Monday, August 15. I am sipping as instructed, but everything taste horrible and it is hard to reach the 64 oz goal. I have been walking around, so that's good. I am feeling like I want to vomit, but nothing happens. And the pain sucks. I guess I am feeling a little ugh, but I am sure it will pass soon. Keep me in your prayers. 

dimpleslya79
on 8/17/16 1:27 pm
VSG on 08/09/16

I had surgery on 8.9.16, so I am a week post-op.  I will definitely keep you in my prayers.  It gets easier daily.  Some good tips that I received that worked for me was mixing the unflavored protein powder with crystal light, chicken broth and G2.  All of those really helped me out bc it was a struggle trying to get the protein shakes down for me.  Hopefully this helps!  You can do this!!!

Curvvychrissy
on 8/17/16 1:41 pm
VSG on 08/15/16

Thanks for the tips. I know the first few days are the hardest. Thank you for replying. I hate to sound so emotional.

TaylorMarie
on 8/17/16 4:20 pm
VSG on 08/09/16

I had surgery 8/9/16 also. I still can't do protein shakes of any kind. Broth, vita water zero and crystal light have been saving me with water. Also, sugar free popsicles are great.

McLassie
on 8/17/16 4:26 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Oh, those first few days are so hard. I'm three weeks post-op and I felt like a new person by week 1. I hope you have the same experience. You will get through this!

Anita
on 8/17/16 6:50 pm

First of all, WELCOME....and congrats on your surgery. I had mine June 6 and feel fabulous........don't stress about not being able to get in all that fluid right now........you'll get there....just keep sipping. I found that warm drinks went down better during the first week.....some people prefer cold - either way, you'll figure it out over the next few days for sure.....just (like I said before) don't stress about it right now. Keep walking, keep sipping and keep up your positive attitude. When you feel like you want to vomit, just take some nice deep breaths.....don't drink anything though cause for sure that will trigger the gag reflex....wait a few minutes. In another day or so, the pain will subside and before long you'll start feeling better and better.

The best thing you'll soon find out is that this community is not only a wonderful resource of information, but a fabulous support system.

Feel better soon and keep up the good work.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Kelly L.
on 8/18/16 10:28 am

Congrats on your surgery and welcome to the losers bench!   It will get easier every day, just hang in there!   You might want to get something from your dr for the nausea.  

Curvvychrissy
on 8/19/16 10:40 am
VSG on 08/15/16

Hi everyone, just an update. I am doing ok this Friday morning. I am having some back issues, I do believe it's gas. Not sure but whatever it is, it's kicking my butt. My belly is still sore, but not as bad as few days ago. Getting down these protein shakes are getting better. I call myself getting creative. I was no longer feeling the taste of the premier shake. So, I am adding two ozs of almond milk and a sip of apple juice. Anyeays, thanks for the feedback and the well wishes. 

High weight:310

Mo 1: 30

Kudzu
on 8/19/16 10:54 am
VSG on 07/28/16

I had the wretched back pain, too. I assumed it was gas, but my surgeon said its where he used the liver retractor. It lasted about a week. That's the only issue with pain that I had. Happy and speedy recovering to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics