Liquids vs solids

Tbaker0311
on 8/16/16 5:44 pm
VSG on 08/12/16

I'm having no trouble with the liquids. I'm putting down 40 oz of water by noon and another 40 by bedtime. I'm sipping slow but steady. 

Mom putting my three protein drinks down as well. 

My curiosity is if this is so easy will the 2 oz of pureed food be just as easy?  Or will it make me full and hold me?  

Just nervous with how easy the liquid goes down. 

luvmypuggies
on 8/16/16 7:43 pm

Not everyone reacts the same way and has the same feelings, but I'll bet you'll notice a difference with pureed food.  I know I did.  Take it very very slow at first, allowing some time between tiny bites to make sure you don't overdo it (because you'll regret that later).  Enjoy your puree!! :)

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/16 1:58 am
VSG on 07/11/16

Liquids were a snap for me too, but mush foods, like cottage cheese made me realize how small the sleeve is. For me, I just felt that another bite would make me feel sorta stuffed, no pain, but definitely I knew I was full. I noticed the same with liquids but it passed in a few minutes as the liquid slide on thru. I found it reassuring that I felt full after 2 oz of cottage cheese, I thought maybe my pouch was too big. My doctor said everyone recovers differently, and because liquids were so easy, I probably had minimal swelling, which wasn't uncommon. Good luck with pureeds, and make sure you stop liquids before and after as directed, you will feel that stuffed feeling if you don't.

Grim_Traveller
on 8/17/16 3:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12

For the first few months, I thought I was in a placebo group, and didn't get surgery at all. It was easy. I stuck strictly to recommended portion sizes, so never felt any discomfort. 

Then one day I failed to chew a tiny bite of food enough, and got horrendous pain. Foams. Finally threw up, and all that came out was about the size of a pea. That's when I really knew I had surgery, and it was working.

You're doing fine. But don't get ****y.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Tbaker0311
on 8/17/16 3:52 am
VSG on 08/12/16

I won't. I promise. That's why I'm asking questions. I'm nervous about moving to puréed in a few days. 

Most Active
Recent Topics