When does it get better

Whatnow0621
on 8/15/16 8:23 am

Did you just wake up and feel better?  How did you know that you were on the mend?  I keep waiting to feel okay and it hasn't happened yet. So I would like to hear your stories so I have something to look forward to. Seriously, need some positive thoughts. Yesterday I felt ok today not so much. Beginning to have some depressed thoughts 

cappy11448
on 8/15/16 8:52 am

Hi,

I hope you feel better soon.   My healing happened in stages.  I felt like I had the flu for the first 3 days - ache-y,  headache-y, tired... I didn't have a lot of pain or gas or nausea, thank goodness.  By day 5 I was feeling much better, and started working part time again. (I work from home so it was easy to start slow.)

My stomach was quite swollen, so I couldn't eat more than an ounce until about 7 weeks post op.  That was not fun.  The whole process of getting used to my new tummy lasted about 6 months, and was not fun, but not terrible. 

I don't think I felt a "new normal" until about 9 months post op.  This is when I felt like I could live this way the rest of my life and it would be ok.  That was a long time in the works, but I did get there.

Now, I couldn't be happier.  I lost 225 pounds, and I am maintaining at 160 pounds which is a normal BMI for me.  I can buy clothes at normal stores, fit into an airplane seat and keep up with the best of them on strenuous tours when traveling.  I love me sleeve.

So hang in there.  It will be worth it in the end

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

KTnj63
on 8/15/16 9:59 am
VSG on 07/07/16

I hope you start feeling better soon.  I don't know when you had your surgery but I am almost 6 weeks post op and I feel great.  I had just 1 night where I felt sick.  But other than that it has been pretty smooth sailing.  I think a lot of it is mental and I just decided not to sit around so I just got on with my normal life. My surgeon was very helpful too. At 1 week post op he said I could do whatever I was comfortable with which really gave me confidence that all was well.  I also didn't tell very many people that I had surgery so I just was able to work and visit people without anyone being the wiser.  I actually went to my family reunion 1 week post op.   Sending you well wishes in hopes that you start feeling great soon!!

petra65
on 8/16/16 4:31 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

I am 7 weeks out and have just started to feel pretty good in the past 2 weeks.  My diet is becoming more varied-includes some fruits and veggies although very small quantities, and I can eat dinner with the family again although much smaller portions.  I think for most people it is a process- it gets a little better every day, every week, etc.  you do have to learn your new limits.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

lorainesleev
on 8/18/16 1:02 pm
VSG on 07/30/16

How long has it been since you had your surgery?

Most Active
Recent Topics