I'm BAAAAAAACK!!!

dimpleslya79
on 8/14/16 4:27 pm
VSG on 08/09/16

I see that we were sleeved the same day!  I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well.  I can agree with the hunger bc I too feel like I am ready to eat pureed food over these protein shakes!  I finally mixed unflavored protein powder in chicken broth and that seemed to do the trick.  I couldn't taste it, which was wonderful.  Technically, I am not supposed to start pureed food until 2 weeks out, so I still have another week to go   But I guess in the grand scheme of things it will go by quickly!  At least I hope so...lol!

tlh4life
on 8/15/16 10:06 am
VSG on 04/11/17

Congratulations!!!! Keep us updated on your progress. I'm new to the site and just started the process for the VSG. I enjoy reading about people's experiences. 

diane S.
on 8/16/16 12:09 pm

Ditto on experimenting with temperatures. Warm tea might be easier than water. I always found cold tea easer.

And when you mix a protein shake, keep it icy cold and only pour out 2 oz at a time. Drink that and go for another 2 oz, keeping the rest icy cold.  When a big glass of protein drink becomes room temperature, its especially vile. I put cinnamon on the rim of the glass so I wouldn't smell the stuff.  also put unsweetened coco powder in the chocolate drinks so it was not so hideously sweet. 

the water will get easier over the days and weeks.  I am 6 years out and love to gulp down icy cold water now.   diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics