Pre Op Diet Questions// Sugery 08/23/2016

WatchKittyShrink
on 8/10/16 12:05 pm
VSG on 06/15/16

Hello everyone! I am currently on day 2 of my liquid Pre Op diet. I am having protein shakes, water, and creamy soups, and sugarfree popsicles.   Does anyone else have anything I can add? LOL   Just wanted some suggestions of things to eat.

Also...about how many calories did you all get on your liquid diet? I got 575 yesterday according to MyFitnessPal-with 92 grams of protein. I know obviously you aren't supposed to get a lot of calories on this diet-but I am wondering if 575 is enough? I feel fine- so I am assuming it is, but really would appreciate any feedback/tips/suggestions. All my research was on the actual surgery and after....don't have as much knowledge about this Pre Op stuff other than suffer through it! LOL

Hope everyone is having a great day and thanks in advance for any help!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/10/16 10:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'd suggest checking in with your surgeon, they might have some suggestions that would be allowable. Seems like many surgeons have different specifics, so best to get it straight from the source!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Bufflehead
on 8/10/16 10:49 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

G2, diet fruit juice (i.e. Ocean Spray Diet Cran Mango juice and things like that - 5 calories per serving), Powerade Zero, broth, decaf tea? Those were things I had post-op for liquids. I know you are pre-op, but it should be the same general theory. I didn't have to do a pre-op liquid diet.

As long as you are getting the protein you need, don't worry about not getting enough calories.

Good luck!

rachelp
on 8/10/16 11:13 am
VSG on 08/01/16

On my pre-op diet I could have protein shakes, any sugar free liquids, creamed or purred soups, cottage cheese and light & fit yogurt. Just give your surgeons office a call.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

rachelp
on 8/10/16 11:14 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Oh, and I was only getting in about 400 or 500 cals too.

Tbaker0311
on 8/10/16 1:33 pm
VSG on 08/12/16

I've been on what my surgeon calls a phase two diet for three weeks. 

Yogurt

protein shake

small salad

yogurt

protein shake

64 oz water. 

It's to reduce the size of the liver  

surgery is day after tomorrow  

LeapSecond
on 8/10/16 4:30 pm - AR

Unjury chicken broth has 30gm of protein I think.  I don't think I would have made it without it.  As far as the calories go... your body will just use your fat stores for energy.  You just want to make sure you get your protein according to your plan.  Hang in there.  The pre op liquid diet is tough.  It was better day 4-5 for me. 

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

fiercebynature
on 8/10/16 9:43 pm

Wow I'm so amazed by how different  the pre-op diets are. I start mine through TWH in a week and can have 4 opt fast shakes daily, broth ,decaf coffee  and tea no milk. water sugar free popsicles and that is it, In light of the differences I would ask your clinic office.

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

ladyeagle1993
on 8/11/16 6:50 am

Its day 3 of 14 for me too of the liquid diet, surgery coming on 8/23/16 (SO EXCITED).  I also questioned my calories too ask I'm only getting about 600 a day but I guess this is about normal for the liquid diet.  I'm doing the Atkins Caramel Café, Premier Caramel (seeing a trend here with the caramel lol), the Atkins Lift in berry and orange, Unjury Chicken Protein Soup, sugar free popsicles, and broth.  I've had a time too finding creative things for this liquid diet.  Maybe others have some good suggestions :-)

califsleevin
on 8/11/16 7:18 am - CA

This is really a question for your surgeon's team, since neither the sleeve surgery nor the "liver shrinking" function requires a liquid pre-op diet, they must have some other reason, so only they can tell you what they have in mind.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Recent Topics