One Month Post - Op

meredith034
on 8/9/16 5:02 pm
VSG on 07/14/16

So Sunday is 1 month post op. I am getting sick almost overtime I eat solid food. Tonight i had 3 small slivers of chicken and i did not sit well with me. I am getting sick of soup, jell-o, pudding and yogurt. I can't eat eggs because i get sick from them as well. I don't know what to do. My doctor said give it time, it is trial by error. He told me to focus on drinking my 64 oz which is a struggle for me as I can barley get down 40 - and when I came close to getting the 64 in - that didn't go so well either. 

Has anyone else had this issue that they are just on liquids for what it seems now forever? 

My birthday is on Saturday and i picked up an extra shift at my job just so i don't have to deal with going out to a restaurant with family and friends because i can't eat.

I know the surgery is best for me, but when you have been on liquids for about 6 weeks now you start regretting everything. 

Anne O.
on 8/9/16 5:57 pm, edited 8/9/16 11:20 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

I'm sorry. When you say food is making you sick, do you mean it sits heavy in your stomach and causes you stomach upset? or do you vomit?  How are you making your eggs? I find that scrambled eggs sit like a rock but a runny, poached egg goes down like a liquid and I can usually eat two of those. 

I am new to the sleeve too. I just had surgery on 6/30. I just recently - like, within the last week or two, have really been able to eat. Today breakfast was half a protein shake. mid-morning snack the rest of the shake...lunch was a container of yogurt and two 1 oz. slices of ham. afternoon snack was a single serving cup of canned carrots and dinner was the chicken out of a WW frozen dinner, a couple bites of cooked broccoli and about 2 oz of salmon.  And, then, - don't judge - about 8 meringues. They are like air and it was the first sugary thing I've had since surgery. no kidding.  Just being honest here. 

SW 300 CW at doctor's office today is 261 - not bad, not bad.  

Your experience may be different, but up until about a week and a half ago, I was soooo frustrated. I was thinking that my surgeon made this @$#%@ sleeve too small. I was getting full off of liquids and could barely take a bite or two of anything and I'd be super super full. And then, here just recently, it's like the swelling went down (I guess?) and I could eat. 

Last night I made meatloaf for dinner and ate with my family :) I had about half a slice of meatloaf and a spoonful of mashed potatoes but it was great.  I feel more like a human again. 

Hopefully, the same thing will happen for you soon. Good luck!

White Dove
on 8/10/16 1:27 am - Warren, OH

Drinking less than the 64 ounces of liquid will cause dehydration and nausea.  When you increase the liquids you will feel better.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Whatnow0621
on 8/14/16 5:36 pm

So I am still having problems with intake and I spoke to the doctor because I felt like I was not going to make it. I was referred to the mental health doctor which I wish they had done before. First because she told me that a lot of women have issues for weekswith intake issues, she recommended to try eating watermelon for liquid as well. It's helped. I also drink an ounce of Piedalyte an hour per doctor sorder 

Most Active
Recent Topics