Dont want to loose any more weight

frisco
on 8/8/16 2:46 pm

Congrats on your efforts, great work !!!

Just from what you have written..... I would look into getting your hernia repaired first.

Aggressive treatment of a hiatal hernia along with a proper shaped sleeve are crucial to keeping GERD under control and minimizing any food flow issues.

A correct VSG is a system from your throat to the duodenum.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kelly L.
on 8/8/16 3:07 pm

I agree with the other posters, get the hiatal hernia repaired first, you may not need a revision then.   You look great by the way!

janinemarie
on 8/8/16 3:28 pm

I had the same issues.  I had a sleeve to sleeve revision and also had a hiatal hernia repaired.  The hernia was pushing down on my stomach.  Since I had the hernia and sleeve surgery I have felt great.  I've also lost 60 more pounds.  But if you don't want to lose more weight don't do the revision, especially to ryn.  By the way, you look great.  

asapgerard1984
on 8/8/16 5:01 pm

Oh so they just re sleeved and fixed the hernia?

janinemarie
on 8/9/16 6:09 am

Yes-  they had to reshape my sleeve.  But I noticed the difference in how I felt right after they fixed the hernia.  

Anne O.
on 8/9/16 7:03 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

Reshape your sleeve? Why? 

janinemarie
on 8/10/16 7:06 am

The hernia was pushing down on my stomach and made it a hour glass shape.

Chilipepper
on 8/9/16 9:19 am
On August 8, 2016 at 10:28 PM Pacific Time, janinemarie wrote:

I had the same issues.  I had a sleeve to sleeve revision and also had a hiatal hernia repaired.  The hernia was pushing down on my stomach.  Since I had the hernia and sleeve surgery I have felt great.  I've also lost 60 more pounds.  But if you don't want to lose more weight don't do the revision, especially to ryn.  By the way, you look great.  

Have you ever had the bypass. Is your advise from experience. Just because he has a revision to a bypass doesn't not guarantee he will lose more weight but it will guarantee the issues GERD created as a result from the sleeve will go away. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

happyteacher
on 8/8/16 7:49 pm

I had the same issue. During the vsg a hiatel hernia was repaired. By last December it came back with a vengence. The doc went in and repaired it when I needed the gallbladder out. So far doing ok, but if it becomes an issue again likely looking at the bypass as well. I agree with you, not ideal as I am also below goal (not thin though so losing a little would not be bad for me, just don't want to lose anymore).  Perhaps get a second opinion- maybe you can find someone to repair it instead of revise it.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Chilipepper
on 8/9/16 9:16 am
On August 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM Pacific Time, asapgerard1984 wrote:

Hey guys Im about 18 months post op vsg and about 6 months post plastic surgery.  I have been suffereing with gerd so bad.  I had an upper gi done and they said i have a hiatal hernia.  My doctor wants to revise me to the bypass.  I really dont care about losing anymore weight I just want to be ok.  prisolect and the other 4 they tryed dont work

I wouldn't think twice about it. GERD is a problem for many with the sleeve. If you have the opportunity to have the hernia repaired and get revised to the bypass I would jump on the table.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
Recent Topics