Dont want to loose any more weight

asapgerard1984
on 8/8/16 12:40 pm

Hey guys Im about 18 months post op vsg and about 6 months post plastic surgery.  I have been suffereing with gerd so bad.  I had an upper gi done and they said i have a hiatal hernia.  My doctor wants to revise me to the bypass.  I really dont care about losing anymore weight I just want to be ok.  prisolect and the other 4 they tryed dont work

White Dove
on 8/8/16 1:04 pm - Warren, OH

You will lose some weight with the bypass but should get rid of the GERD.  The average weight loss with a revision surgery is 20 pounds.  You might avoid that loss by drinking extra protein shakes for a while.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Anita
on 8/8/16 2:07 pm

just a few silly questions....apologies if they are repeats....

do you sleep on your right side? I used to and that aggravated my reflux....

do you drink a lot of Diet Snapple or similar drinks? That also caused me lots of problems. I still drink them, but not after about 4 in the afternoon. Haven't had any issues since I did that. I drink Bai now and have no problems.

I had a hiatal hernia but it was repaired when I had my vsg surgery 9 weeks ago.

best of luck in finding a solution.....you look wonderful!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

asapgerard1984
on 8/8/16 4:59 pm

Yeh sometime drink diet snapper but literally 10 mins after I'll be in terreblepain

Anita
on 8/8/16 5:46 pm

First of all....I agree with the other responses about getting the hernia repaired without revising to rny.....that's really pretty extreme to do immediately.......

Secondly......can I suggest eliminating anything with aspartame???? That could be the culprit.....I know it was for me many times.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

acbbrown
on 8/8/16 2:38 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Why not fix the hernia and see if the gerd gets better before deciding on whether to revise to a RNY. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

asapgerard1984
on 8/8/16 5:00 pm

Insurance will pay for revision not repair

acbbrown
on 8/8/16 6:39 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I don't know what your insurance situation is but if you have t fought for the hernia repair, wage war with the insurance. You always have the right to appeal a denial. Get your bariatric surgeon to submit documentation that it's medically necessary. I have fought a couple different insurance companies for various things. I don't always win but sometimes... It's always worth it though. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/9/16 8:32 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Even if the hernia is diagnosed and billed completely independently from the WLS?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Anne O.
on 8/9/16 7:02 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

That's weird. Years ago I had a lap band slip with a hiatal hernia and my surgeon billed it as a hernia repair because my insurance would pay for the hernia repair but wouldn't cover anything related to weight loss surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics