VSG 4 Days Post OP

bwillia08
on 8/7/16 4:02 pm
VSG on 08/04/16

Hi All, 

I'm new to the community! I had surgery on 8/4/2016 and I have a few questions. After the surgery I was told to be on liquid based diet for 2 weeks until I have my follow up appointment. I've had the broth, ice pops, jello, but frankly I was still feeling hungry/empty. The protein shakes left me super gassy and feeling sick. I was also cleared to have cream based soups, so I tried the Campbell's tomato and basil kettle cooked soup. I only do 2 ozs at the time, but that made me feel much better.  I also, tried sugar free ritas water ice. What do you all think. or does anyone else have suggestions to help me get past this phase? Other than the burping and slight tenderness I'm feeling well. Also, what schedule should I be on for consuming fluids and broth? 2oz every 2 hours or every hour? and just sip water throughout the day? Thanks!

yvonnef1964
on 8/7/16 8:28 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

You should be eating every 2-3 hours and drinking water through out the day

McLassie
on 8/8/16 10:12 am
VSG on 07/25/16

Sip water (or any sugar free clear liquid) all day long. The biggest thing your first week is to get all your fluids in, and shoot for 64 oz. Second week, you want to make sure you're getting your protein in as well. I had my surgery two weeks ago and I started to get hungry around day 4-5, where you are at now. Full liquids helped a lot with that. I started adding protein powder to my cream soup and broth. I also made sugar free pudding pops and added protein powder to those. I found that some things I couldn't tolerate early on, but if I tried them again a few days later, they were fine. 

PS0705
on 8/8/16 11:37 am
VSG on 08/04/16

Hi - We have the same surgery day!!

My nutritionist recommended REAL LIFE milk. It comes in chocolate and white and has twice the protein and is lactose free.

I've been adding EAS protein powder to the REAL LIFE milk along with ground flax for fiber (sometimes w/cinnamon or raw cacao added for flavor)  I mix up 6 oz at a time and then have my 2 oz servings ready for the day.

Sounds like you are doing really well.

P

Most Active
Recent Topics