Dcadaval
on 8/7/16 2:49 pm
VSG on 06/20/16

That's awesome!  

Age: 43. 6' 1" HW 413 lbs. VSG on 06/20/16 at Jackson South w/ Dr. Jacobsd

yolanda_white2017
on 8/6/16 5:56 pm - clinton, NC
VSG on 11/09/15

the scale can be good and bad. It was bad for me. I got so addicted that I would weigh myself 3 times a day. When you stall is when it gets worse. It was so bad I became depressed. It seem like that scale kept calling my name. I finally had to take the batteries out and put them in something else just to keep away from the scale. It has been almost 9 months for me and i know I lost weight but to see it like everyone else I can't and when I see an old picture I cry. You start to realize how big you were and how far you came. So proud of you good luck to you and don't let the scale control you.

Shel25
on 8/6/16 6:29 pm

Hi Paul, 

Medical professionals discouraged me from weighing daily all my life. And, honestly, my inclination was not to weigh if I thought the scale was going to be up.  That's the ostrich in me and a I believe a fundamental reason why my weight got so out of hand.

With VSG, I wanted to do things different because what I had done in the past didn't work.   So I weigh every single day and seeing that raw number every single day has taken the sting out of the number.  It may stupidly up or down for no clear reason.  It only becomes actionable if it is unacceptably out of range for several days.

What really matters if I control what I really can: tracking/calories/content.  The daily scale number is necessary but secondary to those three things. 

I didn't see my body really change until I began to use a mirror for my whole body.  (As an ostrich, I was an expert at looking at neck up.)  In particular, my body dysmorphia cleared up once I started yoga in a studio with mirrors.  At first I was stunned at how large I still was (at that point I had lost well over 100 lbs) but eventually became accepting of my body and as the weight dropped off I could see my size for what it was.

You are doing great! I can feel the happiness in your post and am happy with you.  

Enjoy the journey!  Shel

TammyTooBig
on 8/9/16 2:57 pm

Hello - Could you please tell me the diet plan you followed before your surgery?  I have seen a few different doctors and all of the diets seem to be different.  Your pre-op diet appers to have worked well for you. Thanks for your help, Tammy

Most Active
Recent Topics