Chicken Salad great protein source, low carb and fat!

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/16 12:14 am
VSG on 07/11/16

So after cooking in restaurants, creating menu;s and recipes etc. I decided I needed to focus on simple protein sources for my mush phase

-2 boneless/skinless chicken breast

1 bottle cheapest fat free Italian dressing

1 gallon ziplock bag

3 tablespoons Grill Master Chicken -Kickin Chicken, or whatever rub you like

1 tbsp. garlic powder

4 tablespoons fat free plain greek yogurt

foil

black pepper to your liking

1 teaspoon dried dill

1 teaspoon red chili paste, or hot sauce like Franks redhot, avoid Mexican hot sauce with chili powder

pour dressing into ziplock bag, add chicken refrigerate for 2 days. this is optional, but I always do with my chicken as it seems to cook super moist. I also freeze the marinade after use and use 2 more times

line an oven safe pan with n foil, so it will not leak into pan, and you will have no clean up!

springly top of chicken with rub,black pepper and garlic. Liberally, I don't want to see any moist places

bake for 40 minutes, or until 165 f

in blender, or food processor place out chicken right out of oven, and all the juice, add yogurt, red pepper paste, or hot sauce, and dill/

pulse  for 5 seconds three times, then blend for 30 seconds, it should have texture of tuna salad. Refrigerate what you don't eat warm, it is wonderful right away, and even better cold the next day. loaded with protein, creamy without mayo, and no salt added.

frisco
on 8/6/16 2:13 am

I totally applaud your thinking and creativity !!!

Your skills and thinking will get you far for being able to prepare on point meals for yourself!!!

One tip here though, real chicken should be one of the last proteins that should be re-introduced to your diet post op.

Chicken has a way of really closing the pyloric valve for most.

When your so early out and still in the healing stage it may be better to hold off on real chicken for a while.

Maybe do something similar with a soft fish.....

Eggs are a great early out food..... scrambled, over easy, poached, soft boiled, egg salad.

Hope this helps !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

cappy11448
on 8/6/16 6:22 am

This sounds great.  I'm going to give it a try.

thanks for posting it.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Lodie
on 8/6/16 6:45 am
VSG on 10/15/14

DH and I are well past the mushed stage but the flavor combo you used sounds good. I think I'll try it w/o yogurt, fresh out of the oven. Thanks for the idea. We have a few folks on OH that share some really good ideas and I am always thankful!

alouisa63
on 8/6/16 4:47 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

a year out and I don't care how it's cooked, I struggle with chicken breast.  It doesn't go down well :(

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Most Active
Recent Topics