Post op 1 week!

laurita1110
on 8/1/16 4:07 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Down 10 pounds from my surgery date, 20 from my pre-op diet!  Just got my surgical drain removed today and I feel 100X better!  How long did you wait before going back to work? I still feel very weak....

McLassie
on 8/1/16 7:10 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Congrats!! That's amazing! I had surgery a week ago and I'm down 10 lbs as well. I hope you've been taking measurements as well, because you will also be down inches everywhere. 

I have to wait 6 weeks total because I'm a nurse and there's no way of getting around the heavy lifting. :)

petra65
on 8/2/16 3:47 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

Glad you are feeling better.  That first week is really rough.  I had planned to go back in 2 weeks but didn't go back for 3.  That was good timing for me.  Some people feel great in a few days, some take a little longer.  Good luck on your journey and welcome to the losers bench!

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

SherBear1481
on 8/2/16 8:57 am
VSG on 06/29/16

I went back to work after a week and a half and was totally fine. It took me some time to adjust to getting my fluids and food in, but I set reminders and it got easier. 

Everyone is different. I don't do any lifting at work. Just mainly sit at a desk. The hardest part for me was keeping my energy up but after a couple of days I was back in routine and felt good.

Take your time and go back when YOU feel ready :)

Scanales1
on 8/3/16 4:06 pm
VSG on 07/26/16 with

My surgery was 7/26 and I went back to work yesterday (1week after VSG). I was drained and in pain from my incisions but today was a lot better. Got home, folded a few clothes, took my meds and drinking my water and protein and now resting. hoping to feel better tomorrow. 

Most Active
Recent Topics