Insurance and supervised diet pre surgery

dimpleslya79
on 7/31/16 6:14 pm
VSG on 08/09/16

I have BC/BC as well.  I started my process in June and I am set for surgery 8-9-16 so it took me about 2 months.  So it was not long at all.  But I must say I made sure I scheduled all my appointments quickly because I was on a time frame.  I did provide a 5 year weight history but I just got that from my PCP.

KDBaker
on 8/1/16 4:23 am - Exeter, NH
VSG on 10/16/17

I'm very happy I stumbled upon this thread.   I also have BC/BS and am looking into surgery.  I had the very same questions.

Naomi S.
on 8/1/16 5:13 pm - Southwest Metro, MN
VSG on 06/03/16

Every Blue Cross policy may be different. Mine required six months of documented visits with a nutritionist; three of those months needed to be consecutive. I began the process last August and had surgery in June, and to be honest, while I was impatient for the surgery, I didn't regret a moment of the pre-op process. A good program will work hard to educate you on the changes you will need to make to be successful and give you time to begin making those changes. 

Call the number on your insurance card and ask for a written copy of your policy's coverage for bariatric surgery. This was actually one of the first requirements of my surgeon's program, and it's a good one. I went into the process knowing exactly what was required. 

Good luck!

Naomi

Nana12-22
on 8/1/16 5:18 pm

Thank you. I did call and mine does require 6 months. So I have an appt with my pcp to start in two weeks so hopefully by March 2017 I'll be scheduled. I'm ok with that I will be patient and work the program for sure. 

Most Active
Recent Topics