Sleeved Wednesday Morning--help! I'm still starving!

thtrmgr
on 7/30/16 5:42 am
VSG on 07/27/16

Hi Transcend:  My program has me medically regulating my intake, even of fluids.  My program indicates I should have 1 ounce of liquid every 15 minutes--not less, never more.  So soups are for later--week 3 if I can remember post-op (I'll have to look it up).  Thanks so much for your words of encouragement.

thtrmgr
on 7/30/16 7:31 am
VSG on 07/27/16

Thanks Transcend--I'm hoping it'll get better sooner, rather than later... plus my plan's restrictions are extremely tight for the first three-weeks post-op so not a whole lot I can add for the time being, but thankfully, I don't think this is boredom-induced.  Thanks for the encouragement though--I need it.  The fact that I'm still hungry is a huge wet blanket for me just because I told myself I don't know how many times pre-op that I only needed to get through to surgery and then the pangs would disappear... almost like a mantra.  And for that to not be true, just struck a devastating emotional/mental blow.

petra65
on 7/30/16 4:37 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

The first couple days after surgery I had this gnawing feeling in my stomach that I thought might be hunger but I had read so much on here about acid after surgery that I got some chewable pepcid at the drug store and once I started taking those it completely went away.  In fact, I wasnt hungry at all which created an entirely different problem. 

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

thtrmgr
on 7/30/16 7:35 am
VSG on 07/27/16

Hi Petra: I'll definitely look into the chewable Pepcid.  If that helps, it'll be a miracle and you will have saved my sanity.  I've got a note in for my surgeon as well, so we'll see what she says too.  Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated.

McLassie
on 7/30/16 10:00 am
VSG on 07/25/16

I was sleeved Monday and I was having this same problem. Yesterday I was so devastated and thought I was going to gnaw my arm off. I was having the exact hunger pains you describe. My surgeon has me on clear liquids for a week after surgery (plus two days pre-op - a total of nine days of basically no calories and no protein) and yesterday I decided I was going to sip on some Premiere Protein a couple days early. I also decided to start myself on an antacid. Best decisions ever. I felt like a million bucks after that protein drink. My bowels started moving, the hunger pains didn't go away but got better, and I slept like a baby last night. I had an Unjury protein drink this morning and it went great. I walked my dog 2.5 miles and feel good. I still feel hungry, but it's not that gnawing painful awful hungry feeling I was having yesterday.

I 100% feel for you. When our lifetime struggle has been that we feel HUNGRY all the time and we have major surgery to STOP being hungry all the time and then we feel famished afterwards, it sucks. I really hope you're feeling better today.

Steph Meat Hag
on 7/31/16 5:44 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I had stomach spasms which felt like gut ripping hunger at first.  However a few things went a long way.  Take 1-2 tums and get up and walk around.  Drink some water and see if that calms things down.

Also drink more protien shakes, or get some of the Unjury protien soups. Drink them like your a starving woman.

One if the two of those suggestions should get you over this.  By 2 weeks out my new stomach had settled in, no back talking, no spasms, and I didn't feel hungry all the time. 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Recent Topics