5 days to go! I have a few questions

Steph Meat Hag
on 7/21/16 4:13 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

If you want to be strong and have no worries about sugery then tell your buddies the time has passed for a last dinner out.  Your on program and there is no reason to get off program, no dinner is worth your mental health about cheating.

I had that last dinner with friends before my first WLS.  My head wasn't in the game and never really got there.  My lap band was a diet that I cheated on.  

Eight years later I had a revision with a clear mind and knowledge about my personal eating issues. There was no cheating on my pre-op and I've still not cheated.  

What I'm saying is get real with yourself.  Know why your doing this, admit your food troubles, and then do your best to not fall into those habits again.  You'll be able to have dinner with your pals in a month or so.  If they are your pals they don't need to take you out to stuff yourself one last time.  They'll wait and understand when you order soup.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Anita
on 7/21/16 8:33 pm

I don't think it's necessary to repeat all the good answers you've gotten here about the pre-op restrictions.......every response has been supportive and from what I read (kind of quickly because I'm tired), spot on.

As to vitamins, I'm using the PatchMD multi-vitamins and Omega-3. Check out their ad at the bottom of the page. I am expecting to receive the CoQ10 in the next day or so. I've not had any issues with them and it appears that everyone who has had their follow up blood work has been doing well....I am only 6 weeks out from surgery, so it's too early for my assessment on that. My doctors are on-board with the patches and even though they are a bit pricey (check out the 30% discount though), they are wonderful for me because I don't do well with pills because of a bad gag reflex resulting in my not taking any vitamins. With the patch, I rarely miss a day.

Best of luck with your surgery and make sure you let us all know when you are officially on the "Loser's Bench." Just keep remembering to sip, sip, sip.......and walk, walk, walk. You'll do well and before you know it, you'll be back to feeling fabulous!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Most Active
Recent Topics