Go to breakfast other than eggs?

FuturePinUp
on 7/20/16 7:07 am

If you generally like eggs still, I used to make these egg muffins that I loaded with veggies and ate throughout the week - a bit different than having them scrambled: http://www.safeeggs.com/recipes/bacon-egg-cups-recipe

I would also do roll-ups with turkey deli meat and cheddar, thrown in the microwave for a minute so the cheese got all melty.

Siggi's yogurt is also delicious and high in protein.

Lastly, I did a kind of snack tray with some Babybel cheese, salami slices, etc. and that was pretty satisfying also.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

michellemj
on 7/20/16 7:12 am

Dinner leftovers.

Bufflehead
on 7/20/16 8:29 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

2-3 ounces of chopped chicken breast was my standard breakfast for a long time. I would just buy the pre-cooked chicken breasts from Trader Joe's, like chili lime or rosemary balsamic, hack off a couple ounces in the morning, chop them up, and take them to work in a little tupperware type container, since I like to eat breakfast around 10 or 11.

Luvmygs
on 7/20/16 9:37 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I know what you mean, I'm getting tired of my egss and Jimmy Dean Turkey sausages myself. But who says we have to have breakfast food for breakfast! I agree with the left overs. I also eat yogurt, which I really don't like all by itself. But, I add Mio tropical cherry drops and add a few walnuts. WOW, I love it! Check out Eggface's recipes, she's got alot of ideas for breakfast.

ManyBlessings
on 7/20/16 10:11 am - Clermont, FL

I had trouble with finding different breakfast foods at first too, until I had the realization that... breakfast doesn't have to be a breakfast food. I used to eat dinner left-overs all the time, why is it different now? LoL 

Sometimes I will have fat free re-fried beans with a Tbsp of taco sauce and a bit of shredded cheese on top. (Add a tad of plain Greek yogurt if you wi**** tastes just like sour cream). Every once in a while... some Ezekiel bread or whole GRAIN bread, toasted, with a small bit of avocado spread on top. Maybe a slice of tomato and a piece of low fat turkey.

Cottage cheese, a bit of tuna salad, eat on slices of cucumber instead of crackers... (an idea I saw on eggface's website).

Greek yogurt with Torani syrup (one squirt), and PB2 or protein powder in it. Top with almonds.

Savory Greek yogurt... stir in some pesto and top with roasted garbanzo beans. 

Lots of good ideas on Pinterest. Search for "Bariatric friendly recipes" and "Bariatric friendly breakasts"...yum!

Diane Scrivener

It's not just the WEIGHT you LOSE, it's the LIFE you GAIN

RNY, Mar.2005Dr. Muhammed Jawad - Orlando, FL | S.W. 420 lb. - G.W. 160 lb.

diane S.
on 7/20/16 11:04 am

I second the suggestion of greek yogurt. High protein and you can stir in a little protein powder if you wish. My hubby likes Spirituine Protein Powder because it thickens like a pudding. In some European countries they eat cold cuts and smoked fish for breakfast. Don't think I could stand that but some like it.  GL.  Diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/20/16 12:48 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Smoked salmon with a little smear of cream cheese is amazing! I agree, though, that it takes some getting used to if you've never had it before :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/20/16 12:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Some stuff that I like:

• Crustless quiche made in a muffin tin: eggs, cheese, and spicy salsa

• Greek yogurt, especially strawberry with PB2

• String cheese or little Babybel wheels

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

diane S.
on 7/20/16 1:07 pm

Another thought is a veggie burger with whatever condiments you like.   diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/20/16 1:33 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

What about deviled eggs?  Or are you just completely burned out on them entirely?

Canadian bacon, sausage links.  I'm reaching here.  I'm still a protein shake for brekkie kinda girl.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Recent Topics