In my own little peer group of 1!

Sutterbos
on 7/15/16 8:44 pm
VSG on 06/21/12

Hi, All,

I'm 4 years out From my VSG, and now 29 weeks pregnant with twins.  I'm having a very hard time mentally and physically gaining weight.  I've only gained 2 pounds total in 7 months.  Babies are fine, but I've lost weight in my face, butt, arms, etc.  My labs sucked last month, so they increased all my supplements.  (Low B12, low Ca, low iron).  

My OB said to me, "you need to eat every 2 hours whether you're hungry or not."  Does she know what that does to my VSG brain!?!?  So now I'm eating all kinds of stuff not on a VSG diet trying to keep up with my little parasites.    Had close to 2500 calories a few times this week and still no weight gain. 

Anyway, I know there's a pregnancy board but it's not very active.  I'm just worried I will struggle to get back on track after the babies are born.  I will definitely gain back all the weight at 2500 calories a day after delivery!!  

Anyone else go through a period where they had to go off plan and gain weight then be successful getting back on track?

luvmypuggies
on 7/15/16 10:35 pm

Congrats on the soon-to-arrive little bundles of joy!  I suspect that after they're born, you won't have time to even think about eating! Without going through a similar situation, it's had to advise, but maybe make an eating plan before you give birth so you don't have to think about it much afterwards, and have plenty of protein shakes on hand for a quick protein-fix.  Best of luck to you and you babies!! :)

petra65
on 7/16/16 1:37 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

Dont know if you are planning to breast feed or not, but if you are, it is a hige calorie drain and you will need to continue to eat more than your usual number of calories to maintain.  You may need to go see your nitritionist for some advice about how to get through this in a way that is healthy for you and the babies.  Congratulations!  Get ready to not sleep very much.   

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

happyteacher
on 7/17/16 7:14 am

Baby nourishment is critical right now, so make excellent choices to meet that goal. Given we eat a very healthy diet in order to lose and maintain, think of it as simply being on plan. Hence, post delivery you will still continue with being on plan albeit you will not need the same portion sizes/frequency. You will not just magically lose your discipline in other words. The birth of your babies will be great motivation to eat healthy in order to raise them with a healthy and balanced approach to diet!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/17/16 7:38 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I got pregnant about a year after VSG, and I agree that the food stuff is a total mind trip! But I will say that personally, I've really struggled to get back on track after giving birth. I'm 8 months out and STILL trying to shake the bad habits I slipped into while pregnant.

The good news? Your sleeve is still there and working. Even in the craziness of post-partum life, you can use it-- even if shut up in the house. There's no rush, since babies come first. It WILL happen... eventually.

Feel free to PM if you ever want to talk babies :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics