Turning 31, Eurotrip, and an End to My Marriage (w/ Pics)

Nikke2003
on 7/15/16 9:13 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Hey everyone. Wanted to post an update. I have copied and pasted from my blog because, well, I'm lazy! :) lol

------

I say it every time I post, so here it goes again, "Wow, has it really been that long since I have posted?!"

Time goes by quickly when you're either having fun or life becomes incredibly busy or stressful. I feel as though all of those things have been happening to me in an odd sort of combination.

To start with the good stuff, I turned 31 a couple of weeks ago. I started this blog years ago and at the time, turning 30 (where the name of the blog comes from) seemed like such a distant thing. Now, 30 has come and gone and I can say honestly overall it was a great year. I have a job that allows me to travel all over the country, meet new people, and pays me well. The frequent flyer miles and hotel points earned from these trips allowed me to take my very first trip out of the country! On my 31st birthday, I got on a plane to Dusseldorf, Germany to meet my cousin and travel partner for quite a vacation!

During our vacation, we spent a couple of days in Germany and then took a train to Amsterdam. It was a beautiful city and I was amazed by the canals. Such beautiful scenery. Perhaps my favorite part of the entire trip was touring the Anne Frank house. I read "The Diary of Anne Frank" as a kid and could never have imagined I would find myself, someday, halfway across the world touring the very space she lived for over two years in hiding.

Then, we headed to Brussels. What a beautiful city. It's amazing to see the architecture of the old buildings. Going to another country, with a much longer history, truly is eye opening for this small-town American girl.

The sad news is that a couple of weeks before this incredible vacation, my husband and I decided to split up. We were married for five years, but together for 11 1/2 and we just couldn't make it work anymore. It still shocks me to find myself in this situation, as I truly did think we were going to be together forever.

People will mostly likely ask, "Did the weight loss have anything to do with the split?" and to be honest, I don't know how to answer this question. Our relationship, for a long time, has been one of deep friendship, but never really physical or romantic. For many, many years I just thought this was because I was SO heavy and never blamed him for not being attracted to me. I had assumed when I lost weight this would change. The weight came off, and nothing happened. I pushed the issue. He pushed back. I continued to push, searching for answers about his lack of interest. In the end, we determined we were better off as friends. He feels as though the romantic side of the relationship is lost and can't be recovered. So, here I am... a newly single 31 year old professional woman trying to figure out what my future will  look like. It's scary and exciting all at the same time.

Below I included some pics of the vacation. I'm probably going to take more plastic surgery progress pics soon. In the meantime, enjoy!

NikkeCandice_Dusseldorf

BrusselsCollage

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Grim_Traveller
on 7/15/16 10:36 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It's always great to see you check in Nikke.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/15/16 11:15 am, edited 7/15/16 4:16 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Welcome back and sorry to hear. You look like you've done well with maintenance :) What a fun 31st birthday

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/15/16 3:02 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You look wonderful, Nikke.  The smile on your face speaks volumes.  

Look at you, World Traveler!  WTG 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/15/16 5:49 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Beautiful!, just beautiful! & the buildings & scenery are pretty nice too. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

White Dove
on 7/15/16 6:15 pm - Warren, OH

Beautiful pictures and a wonderful experience.   Thanks so much for sharing.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

cappy11448
on 7/15/16 7:43 pm

Hi Nikke,

Its good to hear from you.  You are looking great.  I'm glad you are traveling.   I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage ending.  I know there will be an abundance of new experiences and new relationships ahead of you.  But its a tough thing to go thru.  Hang in there!

Please keep posting.  We miss you.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

grayC
on 7/17/16 3:57 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Hey Nikke great to see you here...

youre looking fantastic!

sorry to hear about your marriage, 

but it is better to find out now,

then waste your life being unhappy..

Nmmsg
on 7/22/16 10:54 am
VSG on 07/09/13

You are looking radiant in the pictures.  So sorry to hear about your break up.  What can I say but be strong and take it a day at a time.

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Most Active
Recent Topics