Home from Hospital

rachelp
on 7/15/16 8:29 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I can't give any advice because I haven't had surgery yet but I'm glad you are feeling better and I'm send well wishes your way! Hang in there! It will get better every day!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

right1
on 7/15/16 10:57 am
VSG on 06/27/16

Congratulations on having your surgery done, each day will get better.   You've gotten great advice re: walking and sipping, that too will get better each day. 

I also found the Toradol to be better than the narcotics for controlling my pain.  The "wonder" drug that I found in the hospital was the IV Tylenol (brand name is Ofirmev).  They gave it to me when it was too soon to have the Toradol again.  That was a dream, I was comfy from that point forward.  It is very expensive, so some hospitals don't let the docs use it, but I would encourage anyone to ask. 

I also had a roommate from the dark side.  She watched the TV at a loud volume and talked on the phone constantly.  I heard the same story of her arrival at the hospital at least a dozen times.  I asked for a room change the first chance I had.  They moved me to a room where I didn't have a roommate for the remainder of my stay.  It was awesome. 

Take care, and be sure to rest- its an important part of healing. 

jesuiscrystal
on 7/15/16 11:24 am - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

My roommate was actually pretty awesome, but she had suffered a major accident that left her in quite a bit of pain. That first night, we both required so much care that between the both of us, it was a near revolving door of nurses and techs. We joked that we should just turn the room into our own private ICU so they could just stand guard over us instead of constantly running in and out. I know we kept them busy.

jenny_733
on 7/15/16 11:51 am

I am on post op day 10 and I was given a Dilaudid pca the first day and then switched to the Hycet and Toradol. The Toradol did wonders for my pain! Make sure to take thr Hycet to keep on top of your pain. And sleep all you need to, your body has been through a trauma and needs to recover. Sips and you will make progress!

Most Active
Recent Topics