Revision

shytyrayne
on 7/14/16 5:01 pm - Hopkins, MN

I am just curios if anybody has heard of someone having a revision done on their Vertical Sleeve? I did aa great job after my surgery and was at my goal weight for over a year in a half and than I got majorly sick and was hospitalized over 4 times in a 6 month period that last hospital stay required major surgery that I am still unable to work out they have finally let me start pool therapy which is helping. I was put on so many medications steroids ect.. and unable to exercise or even stick to my diet because at that point we had lost our home and was living in a shelter. I am still down 50 lbs but now in the 250lb range and everything hurts and now were in a way better situation so was just curious. TIA

Heather West
Kelly L.
on 7/14/16 5:40 pm

You still have your sleeve, have you tried to test it to see how much dense protein you can hold?  If you can only eat around 4-5 oz of chicken breast or something like that, then you still have your restriction and should be fine without having to be cut on again.  You just have to focus on eating protein, cheese, veggies, etc, and try to limit carbs.  It's great that you reached your goal after your surgery, I am sure with work you can get there again!

mylastchance
on 7/14/16 6:02 pm

I agree with Kelly L.  Test out your sleeve,  you might be surprised how well it still works.  If so focus on protein first,  stay away from carbs, get in your fluids, vitamins and see what happens.  Focus on YOU!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

janinemarie
on 7/15/16 7:40 am

You have had some difficult times, I'm glad your doing better.  I know when I had hardships the last thing I want to think about is dieting.  I did a revision, I had my sleeve resleeved and I'm so glad I did.  But before I was able to revise I had go through a bunch of test and get back to basics.  They found my sleeve was too big and shaped like a hour glass,  I also had a hernia pushing down on my stomach.  So maybe go see your doctor or a new doctor to help you figure out what is going on.  Good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics