had my sleeve done on july 11

InItToWinIt
on 7/13/16 11:00 am

That's fantastic news. I had mine last Thursday - home same day. Was pretty uncomfortable the following day but has been full steam ahead since then. I'm up and running around and just hit 8k steps on my Fitbit last night. Hasn't been a week yet but has been much easier recovery than even I expected. Feels pretty good been on the flip side doesn't it! Way to go. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/16 12:58 am
VSG on 07/11/16

thank you all for all the kind words and praise, you make me feel very happy. I hope all you are still in pre-op can get into a good mental state and be excited at this wonderful opportunity to fix your body, this is a tool, but it can and should be your new best friend. My second day at home, I had to laugh because I honestly forgot I had already had the surgery! It was so non eventful, and my incisions are all an inch at best, I have 6 of them. I am naturally furry so I don't think they will even be visable, but to me they are beautiful! 

Dcadaval
on 7/14/16 5:43 am
VSG on 06/20/16

I'm so glad to hear about your experience, Paul.  Mine was very similar, I was up and walking as soon as I got back to my room, walked all afternoon and into the evening, went home the next day, never had any pain or discomfort, and my only regret was not doing it sooner.  I wish everyone could have our experience.  I'm also very happy with my results so far, keep the positive attitude, it will serve you well in the weeks to come.  All the best!  

Age: 43. 6' 1" HW 413 lbs. VSG on 06/20/16 at Jackson South w/ Dr. Jacobsd

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/16 10:35 am
VSG on 07/11/16

Wow! That is awesome results do far, thank you for the kind words, I feel great today and happiness is my only word to describe my experience do fsr

jesuiscrystal
on 7/15/16 5:46 am - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

I think it's awesome that you had such an easy experience.

I have to admit that I was thrown for a loop by the amount of pain I experienced, and it was very frustrating that my nurses wouldn't listen when I told them the morphine wasn't cutting it. However, once my surgeon approved another drug, it was fairly smooth sailing. I've had no nausea at all, and I was fully expecting to, as I usually get quite sick during the "ride" from recovery to my room.

Joshua H.
on 7/15/16 6:47 am
VSG on 10/26/16

Congrats! Glad it went so well for you!

Most Active
Recent Topics