had my sleeve done on july 11

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/16 9:49 pm
VSG on 07/11/16

surgery was at 4pm. I awoke in recovery feeling wonderful, no pain at all. I was taken to room, where slept until 8pm, they wanted me to pee. I did, it hurt a little because of catheter, but no gas, no stomach pain no nausea, at all. the test of the even, I was extremely comfortable, my only worry before surgery was the pain and feeling I might regret doing it. I had no pain, or regret, I was up walking right after peeing. I awoke this morning at 6 to speak with surgeon, peed for them again, did some more walking, still felt completely normal. I was released at 11am. I was in hospital less the 1 day. I still have no discomfort, and I am very thankful I did it, and it went so well. I don't mean to come across as bragging, but there are enough horror stories of the pain, and nausea out there I want people to know some people recovery great from the start. according to the nurses on the bariatic floor, about 25% are like me and have a wonderful experience. I also lost weight 2 lbs since the hours before surgery.

mylastchance
on 7/12/16 10:06 pm

This was pretty much my experience too.  I only had the regret that I hadn't done it sooner.  Really glad all went well for you and will be watching your updates here and there.

Welcome to our world of LOSERS!!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Khalid151
on 7/12/16 11:56 pm
VSG on 08/06/16

I can't thank you enough for this .... I have been freaking out and scared ****less yet extremly committed to the surgery which is scheduled on the 6th of August. I have thoughts In my head that I will do this whether I get up from the surgery or not. I know it sounds dramatic lol but Iv'e never had a surgery in my life - the thought of having more than half an organ cut out and a large internal scar scares me. I'm afraid that I might do something post surgery to screw it up, like over sipping, or sipping something wrong. I know my neighbor had this surgery and passed away a week later. Rumors or the word is that she had consumed a water melon (not the juice) =( I hope this is just an exaggerated story.

mylastchance
on 7/13/16 3:07 pm

I see that your surgery is coming up in a few weeks and also you are very scared.  Never having surgery,  I can understand why this is freaking scary as hell.  Try not to dwell on that part of it.  You're going to do just fine.  As for eating or drinking something wrong,  make sure you follow the guidelines of your plan and you will know it is time to stop eating and drinking.  Your stomach lets you know that pretty fast. 

Read everything you can on this site and you will most likely see some people who have the same fears and experiences and are very willing to share them.

There is a wealth of knowledge here, so study it all and pay attention to Dr.'s orders and you'll do great.  Have faith that you will come through this and probably with flying colors.  You are embarking on a new life, a healthier more active one.

Good luck to you and I'll be checking in for your updates. 

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

petra65
on 7/13/16 1:49 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

Congratulations and glad it went so well for you!  

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

LeapSecond
on 7/13/16 5:58 am - AR

Welcome to the loser's bench.  So glad that all went well for you and I wish you continued healing.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

AMAZEBALLS
on 7/13/16 6:57 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Very happy all went well for you!

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

KTnj63
on 7/13/16 8:10 am
VSG on 07/07/16

Good for you!  I had similar experience 6 days post op and running around never really had pain.  1 evening of nausea.  Congrats and continued success!!

cappy11448
on 7/13/16 9:18 am

Congratulations.  I'm so glad your surgery went so well.  Mine was equally uneventful. 

Best of luck with your recovery.  I look forward to hearing your success story.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Kelly L.
on 7/13/16 10:09 am

Congrats on being sleeved and welcome to the losers bench!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics