Help Me!!!! Weight Gain!!!! Pre-Op

mylastchance
on 7/11/16 8:39 pm

I would just start following a good plan of low carb and high protein.  It's never too early to get a good routine going.  You wouldn't want to go in to see your Dr. and he pushes your surgery back due to weight gain. 

I know my Dr. was actually watching to see if I could or would follow a good plan before I had surgery and see if I lose a considerable amount of weight, as he felt I was serious about this whole process. 

Now I am not saying you aren't serious,  I am just telling you my story and how my Dr. worked this deal.  If I wasn't going to put in the work before,  most likely I wouldn't put in the work after.  Just saying.

Good luck to you

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Coppergirl
on 7/11/16 9:10 pm

Hi,

You mentioned you love coffee Me too. I am one month into my pre-op visits. I've lost about 14 lbs. I gave up all sodas a little over a month ago. But, coffee is a different matter. I can't stand to give it up. I need protein so I have started ordering a plain medium half coffee/half decaf in a large cup. Then, I fill the rest of the cup up with protein drink (Muscle Milk, slim fast high protein, premiere), That way I don't have to add any cream or sugar and I get 8 to 12g of protein with each cup.

LeapSecond
on 7/12/16 5:27 pm - AR

If you don't have mental health provider on your team it might be a good time to add one that specializes in eating disorders.  Sounds like self sabotage to me.  It is easy to eat around any WLS.  This is a head game for sure.  You might also check into Overeaters Anonymous.  There are big book studies here .  YouTube meetings etc.  It has helped me.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

prettisleeve
on 7/12/16 6:03 pm

I don't overeat....I don't eat the right things. I eat what's around me at the time. Whether it be fast food, junk food, whatever. When people are around me they always say wow you don't each much, then they look at me like how did you get this size. I eat the wrong things!! I strongly feel like it's mental. I'm going to beat this! I'm doing this for myself that's a promise! Did you seek mental health? 

LeapSecond
on 7/12/16 6:12 pm - AR

I have had mental health on my team for years.  I could not make it without it.  Overeaters is so much more than binge eating.  It is also about the compulsion to eat whatever is around you.  You can't stop once you have started and you can't stop from starting.  (even if it is small amounts all the time)

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

prettisleeve
on 7/12/16 6:31 pm

I wonder where I can find someone like that to help me. I really don't want to fail at this. I am so determined to succeed at this. Thank you for your help.

VSGAmanda614
on 7/13/16 12:36 pm
VSG on 06/14/16

If you gain during pre op diet it means you're not 100% ready for the surgery.. Trust me I loved eating but i loved my health and self image.. I refuse to be overweight any longer..

prettisleeve
on 7/13/16 1:43 pm

Let me clear this up...I am NOT on a pre-op diet....My doctor has not put me on any diet whatsoever. He stated my weight for my pre-op appt should be 235. I have not got a pre-op appt yet or even a surgery date. I am 1000% ready for this surgery! I personally did not want to gain anything PERIOD...my choice. I will most definitely be at goal weight for my appt. I had a few slip ups but I am completely focused on my goal now. 

P.S. A little info on me..I am VERY determined person. When i want something I always work hard to make sure I get it. I'm going to kick ass with this. Trust me!

Pretty Girls Rock!!

bruindiva92
on 7/13/16 3:38 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

PrettiSleeve,

Take a deep breath....everyone here is offering helpful advice and will support you here.  You asked for tips and ideas and folks here will give you that.

I had to lose 5-10% of my total body weight before surgery or my surgeon would cancel.  My consult appointment was in November--surgery scheduled for the following March.

I started my "unofficial" pre-op diet the next day. I got rid of all junk food in my house.  I bought food on plan--meat, veggies, yogurt, protein drinks.  No sodas, cake, cookies, ice cream--I WENT COLD TURKEY.  I was always a vitamin taker.

I got my head in the game early on.  I walked everyday.  I did not let the food around me deter me from my goal.  I lost 10% of my total body weight by my final pre-op appointment.

My advice:  GET YOUR HEAD RIGHT FOR THIS JOURNEY NOW!  Don't tell us about your determination--DO IT!  Make the changes now. Track everything you eat.  Be honest with yourself--get a therapist if you need one.  Ask yourself why your eating habits have gotten worse?  Fear, anxiety, last meal?  No need to post the reasons here but decide how you will deal with them.

If you are as determined as you have posted, you will be successful and reach goal--make sure you are ready for a lifetime of hard work!

I will you much success on your journey.

prettisleeve
on 7/13/16 4:08 pm

I do appreciate your response as well as everyone else's. I know what I asked for, I asked it. I'm not trying to prove my determination to anyone but myself. I was asking for helpful tips not anyone telling me I'm not ready for this or that. A simple getting rid of junk food would have sufficed. My determination is a PERSONAL goal for myself not to persuade anyone. I am determined...I will ALWAYS post the determination that I have. I have had weak moments like anyone else but I will not allow anyone to reply to my post telling me what I am ready for and what I'm not ready for. This is my journey. ALL ADVICE, GOOD OR BAD WILL BE ACCEPTED... 

Most Active
Recent Topics