Scared to bite the bullet and book apt

Longoak
on 7/10/16 10:46 am

I'll be going the sleeve route through SmartShape in Ontario.  Right now I've been offered Sept/Oct dates and I have been incredibly psyched up to this point to move forward.  Now seems that it's time to book, I'm a little hesitant and nervous.  The posts here are very helpful and reading others' journeys and challenges is helping to set the tone for what's to come. 

I've got roughly 125lbs to lose so I know the journey will be long ... and I need to book the surgery to actually start it.  Just feeling a bit scared to take that leap.

McLassie
on 7/10/16 11:04 am
VSG on 07/25/16

Go ahead and book it! You can always postpone it, but you can't move it up. I'm counting down the days and I'm at 15 days right now and can't wait. Go for it!

ConnieC417
on 7/10/16 11:12 am
RNY on 10/26/16

I couldn't get to the OR fast enough! Book it ASAP and try not to worry; you'll do great. Best decision I ever made.

We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another...

mylastchance
on 7/10/16 11:14 am

Yep,  it is a big decision, and once the surgery is done it can't be undone, and that is what is scary.  I have had no regrets, and once I started the process I didn't hesitate about any of it.  Think long and hard.  Also think about the past and how possibly miserable it may have been and think to the future and how incredible it will be.  No more being a wall-flower  I am no longer watching the parade from the sidelines,  I am marching in the parade and loving it.

Make your appointment.  Change is good!

(Not saying your life is or was miserable, mine was now it isn't, but something brought you to WLS)

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Neesie57
on 7/10/16 1:22 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I'm 11 months post surgery, and got to goal on 6/12/16, after losing 103 pounds.  I've never felt better in my life, and have absolutely NO REGRETS!

Just think of it, a year from now you could be feeling the same way, but you need to make that appointment.  You can do this, you will be so happy when you do.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/16 2:36 pm

It may be the hardest phone call to make in your life but it will also turn out to quite likely being the best call. I hesitated for a long time but once it was booked I never looked back. You can do this!

jachristmas
on 7/10/16 4:12 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

I cannot wait until I find out my surgery date! I have my EGD this Friday and then a few more appointments and clearances to finish up and I will be ready. Take the leap and book a date and then see how you feel. You may find you feel relieved to have an official date, but you will never know if you don't at least make that first step. Wishing you all the best and hoping to join you on the losers bench soon!

Kudzu
on 7/10/16 5:31 pm
VSG on 07/28/16

It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made; to get that surgical referral. Now, I'm 18 days away from my surgery date. I'm scared, emotional, wondering if this is the right decision. This site is a huge source of encouragement for me. Cling to these people who are walking success stories with me. I'm having to stay away from the negative threads. Much success to you!

SassyAmy
on 7/11/16 10:05 am
VSG on 08/05/15

Book it. There's always time to change your mind between now and then. I always told my husband (who was against surgery because he was afraid something would happen) that if I woke up on the day of surgery still unsure, I'd cancel. I woke up the day of surgery and was more sure than ever that the sleeve was going to be the best thing I'd ever done for myself. I'm almost a year out and I still believe with all of my heart that the sleeve was the best decision I've ever made. I'm 100 pounds lighter (with 57 more to go to hit my goal weight), but I've lost so much more than just excess weight: I've lost my inhibitions, my low self-esteem, my self-doubt, 4 (almost 5) pant sizes, and a bunch of ugly, ill-fitting clothes! I have never regretted my decision, even for a moment, and if you've come this far, it seems like you know in your heart what you want to do, so go ahead and do it!!

~*All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney*~

Sleeved on August 5th, 2015 |  HW: 292 | SW: 275 | GW: 135

Longoak
on 7/12/16 8:42 am

Thank you to everyone ... I have to say that folks here have been very helpful and so welcoming.  It's quite reassuring.

It's done- I've sent through all paper work and my sleeve is now scheduled for October 19th with a 2 week pre-op diet.  I do feel relieved now that the humming and hawing is over and I've finally booked it.  Now I can start to count down days soon enough!!

Most Active
Recent Topics