VSG and Hiatal Hernia

KTnj63
on 7/9/16 10:55 am
VSG on 07/07/16

They found my very small hiatal hernia when the did my endoscopey prior to surgery. Discussed with my surgeon as it was small and never had any problems prior he did not need to fix it.  Vsg was 7/7 hanging in there through the early stage

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/16 3:09 pm

Congrats! How you feeling? Maybe that is the reason my surgeon decided not to. I didn't ask the size. 

KTnj63
on 7/9/16 5:35 pm
VSG on 07/07/16

Thanks, felt great after surgery but last night was a little tough. Took some anti nausea medicine and it made me feel better.  Each hour seems to get a little better.  Good luck to you 

McLassie
on 7/9/16 11:07 am
VSG on 07/25/16

My surgeon books ALL his sleeves with a "possible hiatal hernia repair." I would look elsewhere if I were you.

spuddzy
on 7/9/16 4:02 pm - NY

I had a reviswon from the lap band to the sleeve...the first thing my surgeon did before surgery was fix the Hiatal Hernia. He was an excellent surgeon...so if I were you I would get another opinion or doctor to do this...

spuddzy

Dcadaval
on 7/9/16 6:07 pm
VSG on 06/20/16

I had both done at the same time, my surgeon said obese folks are prone to haital hernias because of our eating habits.

Age: 43. 6' 1" HW 413 lbs. VSG on 06/20/16 at Jackson South w/ Dr. Jacobsd

SoCalDee
on 7/11/16 5:56 am
VSG on 06/24/16

Gotta agree with everyone else. I spoke to 3 surgeons before choosing mine and they all said the same thing. Fix the hiatal hernia at the same time.

It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion.

5'0 Heaviest 247.4 Surgery Weight 236.0  Goal 140

*Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable*

frisco
on 7/11/16 3:32 pm

Run...... aggressive treatment of a hiatal hernia is an integral part of the VSG.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

diane S.
on 7/11/16 4:29 pm

Mr surgeon, Paul Cirangle (one of the biggies) does it all the time, sometimes fixing ones that no one knew were there.  Why not do it all at once. My life was greatly improved by both the hernia repair and vsg  . diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

WatchKittyShrink
on 7/14/16 4:56 am
VSG on 06/15/16

I'm still Pre-Op but my surgeon told me right at the first consult, if I have a hiatal hernia ( & likely I do-as most overweight people do) she will fix it at the time of the sleeve, because eventually the HH could cause complications with the sleeve such as acid reflux and such.

I agree with everyone here. I know it would suck to "start over" but you might want another opinion-you want to make sure you are getting the optimal care possible.

Whatever you decide, I wish you luck and success with the surgery!

Most Active
Recent Topics