6 weeks post op

bxbeba
on 7/8/16 2:25 pm - NY

It's good your logging in your food, but try to keep track of your liquids.

You may want to keep track of how much your are eating if you have already started back at the gym.  Burning those calories you may not be taking in enough food.  And yes I will state it again (lol) your body goes into a starvation mode!!  If no one believes it I am 6 years out, it happens!!!  It would happen even without surgery and you were dieting, your body shuts down to conserve energy and whatever food you are taking in.

Keep writing on the site, ignore whoever disagrees or disrespects!! 

Have a great weekend!! 

T-

joanne0658
on 7/9/16 5:55 am

hang tight chris.  same happened here  for me when i first had my vsg and posted something that i felt was exciting to me and "share worthy". that was a year ago . . . and nothing has changed.  i do try to encourage new people when i see this happening.  i've found cappy to be the most wise, encouraging, leading-by-example vet to solicit advice from.  

i posted my almost year difference . . . and only 3 people actually responded.  why? idk.  like politics, work, and life in general . . . some people are not so nice, and it's the few but wonderful who make THINGS GREAT!

don't go silent.  share.  vent.  live life with a smile and song in your heart.

and on the stall, . . . commit to hiding your scale for 3 weeks.  then hop on and see the magic of you working your sleeve.

jo

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/9/16 6:35 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I weighed this AM (I promise, didnt have your post!!) and it looks like I've broken thru.

If not, not a big deal. I'm not stressed in the LEAST about having a stall. I know its temporary. It has to be ;)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

LosinginAZ
on 7/10/16 8:36 am

Never be afraid to share. There are some people on here who seem to just enjoy being jerks. I figure they must not have much going on in their lives if their hobbies include putting people down on weight loss forums. Just block them and move on.  The rest of us are here for you and want you to succeed :)

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

fargosrm
on 7/10/16 1:03 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 06/13/13

Hi Chris,

I for one enjoy your posts, you bring a fresh perspective which is nice. We don't always have to agree on everything and that's okay. So please keep on posting or as I like to say "Go ahead and poke the bear" it's fun.

You're not talking these guys giving you a hard time by chance, are you? 

"A wilderness explorer is a friend to all, be a plant or fish or tiny mole!"

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/11/16 6:07 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

haha i wish

Anita
on 7/11/16 9:32 pm

as the old Romans used to say.....Non Carborundum Illigitemi.......I think I spelled that right.

Bottom line.....I look forward to your posts and support..........don't stop being part of this team effort because some people aren't team players......

Sounds like you're doing really well.....congrats!!! I'm 2 weeks behind you....had my stall and I think I've moved past it. Had my 4 week follow up the other day and my doctor is happy with my progress.....me too!!

As to supplements.....I've been using the PatchMD vitamins and although they are a bit pricey (there's a 30% discount if you just look at their ad at the bottom of the page), it works well for me because I'm a baby about taking pills......the only advice I have for anyone using them is to take off yesterday's patch before taking today's shower cause once they get wet, they stick like CrazyGlue. My doctor says we will evaluate when we do the 6 month follow up blood work....but I'm feeling good!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Kathleen14
on 7/13/16 10:47 am
VSG on 04/20/16

Do not stop posting. I'm about a month ahead of you and I've seen some of the post battles. Turned me off from this site for a while. But the most important part of this is for us to succeed. Post and say what you want. As newbies we may not know everything but we are having our own experiences and they are valid. Be the rebel. It's a good thing. If we don't hear ALL opinions on this site then it is worthless.

and p.s. I checked all my VSG paperwork and it was referred to as a pouch OFTEN. I just call it my new stomach. My new small, adorable little stomach. 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/13/16 10:53 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

haha thanks ;) yea... that was a fun write up I posted. One of my favorites to date.

Most Active
Recent Topics