6 weeks post op

Neesie57
on 7/8/16 9:48 am
VSG on 08/04/15

Hang in there Chris, you're doing great and most of us, if not all of us are really happy for your success.  

Congrats on your great 6 week check up.  Once you start your supplements your numbers should go up the way they are supposed to.  I recently had my 10 month appointment, and my doc was very happy that I'm at goal now.  I don't know my numbers yet, as I just had my blood work done a few days ago.  My doc says I don't need to come back for a year!  Can't wait to see if my weight is the same after a full year.  

Your goal will be here before you know it.  We're all rooting for you and the rest of the post op on here.  We're all in this together!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

FuturePinUp
on 7/8/16 10:44 am

Glad to hear you're doing great! Don't let the grumpy pusses dissuade you from posting! Some people on here really need to work on their assumptions and then their delivery, but for the most part, people come from a good place and are only trying to help. :) 

I had people jump down my throat on one of my first posts too, and was blatantly told I wasn't going to succeed, or that my loss was going to either not happen or stall. Ultimately, I didn't let that drive me away, and am glad because I also gained a lot of awesome information and support from this board. 

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/8/16 10:46 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Ya, they said that to me as well... How supportive of them, right? lol

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

NYMom222
on 7/8/16 8:17 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Can I ask what 'unconventional sleever' means? Just curious.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

FuturePinUp
on 7/11/16 5:54 am

Sure! It just means that my journey has seemed to be different from the typical experience pre and post-VSG.

From my weight gain triggers (I hate sugar, and am "whatever" about carbs and have always eaten a protein-forward diet...just waaay waaay too much of it), to my super accelerated post-op plan (put on soft solids Day 1 post-op, after passing my leak test, and no ill effects with broth or water. I got tuna salad in the hospital). I've had 0 stalls on my journey, no hair loss, etc. And the list goes on...

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

AMAZEBALLS
on 7/8/16 11:07 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Chris,

I agree some people on here are pretty intense. I hope you keep posting and congrats on all you have achieved already.

My weight loss is happening in crazy patterns that include stalls and gains but I am still losing at a nice pace. The scale can be cruel sometimes. I only track my weight once a week, but always manage to step on once a day to "just have a look".

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/8/16 11:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have personally missed your posts - I enjoyed your enthusiasm in the early stages!  

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/8/16 12:36 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I also want to mention that I think twice every time I post because I've read what some others said to you and have seen other posting nightmares.  Too bad people have to be that way.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

bxbeba
on 7/8/16 12:19 pm - NY

Hi Chris,

Sorry you had a bad experience on this site, some people just don't know how to act.  I don't write often on this site, but I had surgery 6 years ago lost 117 lbs and have kept it off.

As for your stall, this happens as your body is adjusting to what you are taking in.  I know it's fustrating but it happens anywhere between the 3-6 week period.  I suggest if you're not doing already keep track of what you are eating and drinking (how much protein, water) are you keeping your levels the same everyday?  Sometimes you have to add more protein or liquids, but keeping track is your best bet.  Not sure if you are exercising (since it's still early don't know if your doctor gave you the go ahead), but try walking more moving around often helps.

Your body is still healing and it is still feeling that starvation mode, it's holding onto everything it can.  Give it time and don't worry your body will adjust and the pounds will start coming off again.

Wishing you the best in your weightloss!!

Toni

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/8/16 1:25 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I log every nibble :) I dont log my liquid, but I know its on average 80oz+ a day

As for exercise, I started back in the gym on Monday :)

Not stressed about the stall, I know they happen and pass. Was just stating I'm in one :D

Be careful with the starvation mode, you may wake some sleeping bears about how thats not real ;P

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Most Active
Recent Topics