6 weeks post op

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/8/16 5:45 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Well, just kind of hanging out

Unfortunately for me, several of the members here pretty much took all my excitement from sharing or posting anything (thanks guys, you sour pusses) so have been pretty quiet.

Had my 6 week follow up this week, everything was good and they were happy with my progress. Levels were a little low but hadn't started all my supplements yet (was not yet supposed to)

Am in a stall right now. I'd ask the vets for some input, but since the last time I messaged one I was simply ignored, why bother :P

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

WatchKittyShrink
on 7/8/16 6:26 am
VSG on 06/15/16

Hate to hear you've had a bad experience on here...but glad your appointment mostly went well!

mylastchance
on 7/8/16 6:37 am

Really sorry to hear of your bad experience on here.  As they say, there are bad apples everywhere.  I figure most of us are helpful, as we have been through the same thing.  I don't know what happened but just keep up the great work and put the sour pusses out of your mind as they don't matter in the big picture.  Those people suck!!

As for the stall,  yep we do have them and just keep on plan and it will pass.  Sometimes when we don't lose on the scale,  we are losing inches.  Just try to relax and stay steady and all will be fine. 

Keep up the great work and focus on you.  Good luck and good losing!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

mmsmom
on 7/8/16 6:47 am - Woburn, MA

words can be interpreted many different ways which is the problem with posts and texts.  There are some who are more straight to the point than others on here - but I think we all have the same goal in mind - healthy lifestyles and weight loss.  You are doing great - and look great in your pictures. Keep up the good work and don't let anyone derail you on these posts or in your real life.  

VSG on 04/28/2014

Secrets224
on 7/8/16 8:46 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Don't let anyone discourage you from posting! You are doing great! Congratulations and keep up the good work!!! Everyone is so "tough" behind a keyboard, smh. I agree with the poster above who said there are bad apples everywhere. Don't let them spoil the bunch! :)  For every 1 person who ignores you or says something unkind, there are 100 others who are happy to answer or participate in the discussion, and inspired or calmed by the fact that someone else has the same question they want to ask but are too scared to. Speak your mind! :) 

Sammy2929
on 7/8/16 9:03 am
VSG on 05/02/16

Glad to hear you're doing well.  I've noticed quite a bit about what you're saying but I truly believe most statements are either read to fast by people or "we" just don't word them as well as they sound in our head.

Either way, keep on posting....about anything you want.  It either gets read and responded to or not.  Don't let it discourage you.

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks for you already.  That seems impossible.  I feel like I was jus****ching your hospital video a couple weeks ago.

It's been 68 days for me and I'm down 65 and counting.  I also had a stall at week 6 & 7 but going pretty strong now.  I got the tool and I'm using it as much as work and home life permits.  I walk 3 miles every morning before dawn (usually) 7 days a week.  That's about 7100 steps.  Then I get in an additional 4-6,000 steps during everyday life.

I have only had my one month check up with the Dr.  The office keeps putting the appt. off because of some scheduling conflict, which today they called again and changed my July appt. to Aug.  Last time I saw him I was down 28lbs so I hope he's extremely impressed by the time I see him, lol.

Have a great day!!

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

NYMom222
on 7/8/16 8:16 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow 3 miles before dawn...good for you!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kathleen14
on 7/13/16 10:29 am
VSG on 04/20/16

Very impressed with how much you're walking-I need to get it together! We also are about the same age, had surgery during a similar time and are around the same weight EXCEPT I've lost 40lbs so far. Do you feel the walking has giving you this edge? I've been trying to up it. On a very good days get 6000-8000 steps. Thanks!

Sammy2929
on 7/13/16 12:31 pm
VSG on 05/02/16

Absolutely! I believe I would be around 30-35 lbs loss without it. It feels so good at the end of the day when I look in my Fitbit and see my excercise logged in. And when I get my weekly Fitbit info and it shows 35 or more miles walked each week I can't even describe the feeling I have. I am so proud of myself!! I started at a mile, and now I'm at 3 and I feel I'm ready to up it pretty soon or maybe go the the gym a few days a week to work on arms and legs. Good luck! And congrats on your loss so far. It's wonderful too

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

Kathleen14
on 7/13/16 9:26 pm
VSG on 04/20/16

Thank you so much for your reply. I was already inspired by your post to do my 10,000 steps today but now after that reply I feel even more inspired! Congratulations on such success! And motivation! It really is incredible and you should be proud, so wonderful! You go get 'em!

Most Active
Recent Topics