How long post op til you could really try eating whatever you wanted?

kyzze
on 7/7/16 9:11 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Everyone is different so there is no set answer. As soon as you are cleared for regular food start incorporating different healthy food choices into your diet to see what you can tolerate. When I wanted to try something new, I would do it at dinnertime so that way I was at home and comfortable and if it made me feel bad, then at least I was at home. At 6 months, I can now eat pretty much whatever I want, but I don't eat many salads because lettuce makes me nauseous and unfortunately avocado which I love. A lot of people seem to have issues with either chicken or beef but I don't have that so mainly just take your time and if you are interested in trying something, then just go for it.

Kyzze

Lisa F.
on 7/8/16 7:19 am
VSG on 06/06/16

I was watching this video last night from a bariatric doctor (can't recall his name...I think is commonly recommended here). And he said he finds with his patients that if you can eat chicken you can typically eat most foods.

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

diane S.
on 7/8/16 10:02 am

Hmmm, a loaded question. I assume you mean variety and not quantity. Because you will never again be able to eat quantity.  I would say not until you have lost all the weight you want to lose. Stay with the dietary restrictions during weight loss.  Only in maintenance can you expand choices a little. Like the very occasional small slice of pizza. Stick with your plan until then. you may gradually be able to go from mushy protein to more dense protein like chicken or steak if you eat tiny bites and chew well.   GL.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Steven S.
on 7/8/16 1:47 pm - Houston, TX

I waited 3 months before popcorn due to fear of the kernel shells.  I didn't try alcohol, bread, or pasta till 6 months.  Alcohol hits hard and fast and I really couldn't tolerate the bread or pasta until was 1 year out.

Most Active
Recent Topics