Extremely Nauseous

amcz82
on 7/7/16 12:01 pm
VSG on 05/31/16

Hello all! So I have been having a bad couple of days. I am just over 5 weeks post op and I have been so nauseous the past three days. I have had no appetite and have barely been able to drink water without getting nauseated. I have called my surgeon and am just waiting to hear back from her. I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with this before.

SofiaNicole
on 7/7/16 12:14 pm
VSG on 07/01/16

I felt like that after surgery. It turned out to be the Percocet together with the vitamins. I only take percocet if I really need it. Tylenol extra strength seems to be working. I hope you feel better soon. 

Sofia Nicole

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/7/16 1:30 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Be careful not to get dehydrated.  Have you tried drinking warm tea or other fluids?  Sometimes varying temperatures can help with nausea.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Whatnow0621
on 7/7/16 9:27 pm

When I feel like that I just go to ice because for some odd reason my system has no issue with it and it allows me to get my fluids. 

Sandra F.
on 7/8/16 7:42 am

Dehydration caused me to be nauseous in the first weeks after surgery, so try to get your liquids in as best you can.  Like the previous poster said, experiment with temps and different liquids.  Hope you resolve this soon!

Valerie G.
on 7/13/16 5:03 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My money is also on dehydration.  64oz isn't a goal to work up to, it's a necessity from day 1.  Your surgeon or ER can pump fluids into you via IV, then get serious about getting in those fluids.  I do three times that amount daily, so it's not impossible...just a full-time job the first few months.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics