I need a kick in the @##

hollykim
on 7/7/16 8:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM Pacific Time, Theduffman27 wrote:

Too much grazing lately, enjoying summer, bad choices. I need to get back on track. Kick me in the @##!

summer is going to come every year,like clockwork. If you don't have a plan to deal with it,it will be this way every summer. 

You need a plan that covers summer,fall,winter and spring ,period.

"summer" is just an excuse,then it will be "fall"football,"winter" Christmas and New Years and "spring" Easter . Then you are back to "summer" get my drift?

cappy11448
on 7/7/16 9:27 am

My challenging season was in May when there are lots of birthdays, mother's day, father's day, barbeques, and parties.  I was trying to lose weight, but every time Id get a little ahead, I'd give in to temptation at one of the events.  I don't think there is an easy answer.  We just need to be diligent and pay attention to our cheats, and minimize them when we can, and do our best to get back on track as soon as possible.

I am absolutely terrified of regain.  In the past, I've regained weight after dieting at an unbelievable rate.  I can't let that happen.  I gained three pounds over the weekend of the 4th, and I barely cheated.  So I'm back on track today, cooking some of my favorite low carb, low cal meals to help me get back to the plan.

I guess if I had one suggestion, it would be to surround yourself with tasty, low carb, low cal foods that will help you stay on track.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

happyteacher
on 7/7/16 10:56 am

May is where I fall apart too. It has something to do with being the end of the school year combined with warmer weather and my insane insatiable appetite for ice cream. Ugh. The only good thing about losing the gallbladder is I now get so sick when I eat ice cream i am rarely eating it and now craving it a lot less. ugh ugh ugh ugh!!!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/16 9:36 am

Hope that helps. 

But seriously, take it from one who has been down the path of excuses and rationalizations - it's not summer or X or Y, it's your disordered eating. It's not willpower or lack of control, it's years and years of behaviors taking control. You need to actively take the control back. You've gotten great advice from acbrown, and Cappy, and some others. Take it and run with it. It's hard, but if I can do it, so can you! 

happyteacher
on 7/7/16 10:57 am

"- it's not summer or X or Y, it's your disordered eating. It's not willpower or lack of control, it's years and years of behaviors taking control. You need to actively take the control back."  This is brilliant, and should be the header on every damn page here at OH!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Theduffman27
on 7/7/16 10:07 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Thank you to all that replied. I do know what needs to be done, and I will do it. I tend to snack/graze on Peanuts and they add a ton of calories and Fat. I will get back to the basics. Thank you!

mylastchance
on 7/7/16 10:14 am

Guilty as charged for me too.  We all need a little kick in the ass now and then.  Coming here to this site is sometimes the kick we need.  The support from others like us is good.  Most don't beat the hell out of you,  most have been in the same boat at one time or another.  We are still vulnerable to all the temptations that got us in the situation of needing or wanting WLS and keeping it all under control is still hard work.

We need to refocus on ourselves,   and summer grazing sometimes blurs our vision, just slow down and look at where you've come from and take back charge.  You can win this.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Kris R.
on 7/7/16 11:24 am - Walworth, NY

I went away for the 4th and although I did "OK" eating, because my tiny stomach won't allow me to overeat - I still didn't make the best of choices, now back home and 2nd day in, and I'm doing better - but not great - I need to slow down again.  I was taking 20 to 25 min to eat, but damn,,, I am back to 5 min or less.  not good... tonight's dinner - I'll make it the full 20 minutes..

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Theduffman27
on 7/7/16 12:29 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Great point, I need to slow down as well.

Jevelynne
on 7/8/16 1:08 pm
VSG on 10/26/15

The important thing is that you KNOW it... Now... Start making small changes... If you start to reach for something STOP, say to yourself... "Do I need this" "Do I want this or am I bored / thirsty / angry / mindless snacking"  If you need it... wait 5 minutes and ask yourself again, if you still want or need it after 30 minutes .. Then eat it!  Make it a game.. Make it a challenge... It should help reduce some of the snacking and grazing!  Biggest thing... Keep trying!  

HW: 299   SW: 277.2   VSG: 10-26-2015  Dr. Brian Gluck
Dr Goal Weight : 182.5 Hit Dr Goal 7-23-16
New Goal Weight: 170

Most Active
Recent Topics