Feeling sick

Whatnow0621
on 7/5/16 7:53 pm

Today is the first time that I can eat and my worst fears seem to be coming true. All I have had today is eggs,  my question is am I supposed to feel sick after each meal. I had like 4 forks of scrambled eggs for breakfast and egg salad for dinner and I am so sick that I don't want to eat anything else again. Is this normal?  How do I fix it. Help 

White Dove
on 7/5/16 8:18 pm - Warren, OH

Eggs are hard for many of us.  Even though you are allowed to eat today, you may not be healed enough to do it.  Go back to liquids for a few days.

We get our ability to eat back.  Your body will be ready soon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Whatnow0621
on 7/5/16 8:49 pm

Thank you because I am miserable right now and it's been almost 3 hours since I ate. Just took my nausea medicine. 

LeapSecond
on 7/6/16 5:24 am - AR

I never had problems with egg except they don't seem to last me very long.  The only time I felt sick after a meal is when I ate too fast.  Doesn't sound like what you described.  It is not normal to be sick after every meal.  Write down your symptoms the actual weight of your food intake and the amount of your fluid intake.  Then call your surgeon's nurse.  Let them know what is going on.  They want what is best for you.  You may need something to reduce acid and / or stimulate the motility of your gut.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

hollykim
on 7/6/16 11:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 6, 2016 at 2:53 AM Pacific Time, Whatnow0621 wrote:

Today is the first time that I can eat and my worst fears seem to be coming true. All I have had today is eggs,  my question is am I supposed to feel sick after each meal. I had like 4 forks of scrambled eggs for breakfast and egg salad for dinner and I am so sick that I don't want to eat anything else again. Is this normal?  How do I fix it. Help 

are you getting 64+ oz of liquid every day? Dehydration causes nausea.

Most Active
Recent Topics