2 days until surgery...

KTnj63
on 7/5/16 12:46 pm
VSG on 07/07/16

I am 2 days pre op, I have spent the last few days shopping for everything I will need yet as the day gets closer I am almost feeling sad which is kind of weird!?!?   I am so looking forward to doing this for myself but somewhere inside I think I will miss my old life too.  Just wondering if anyone else had these feelings. Honestly I am so ready to change my life but maybe I'm a little depressed too?? Ugh. I really just can't wait for Thursday to get here.

luvmypuggies
on 7/5/16 1:59 pm

Those are totally normal feelings.  Try looking at it this way - you'll get your old life back pretty soon, only a zillion times better because you'll be able to control the food part of it, you'll be healthier, you'll be able to do new things, and you'll feel so much better about yourself!  Don't worry...be happy! :)

KTnj63
on 7/5/16 2:37 pm
VSG on 07/07/16

Thanks!!

honeywell
on 7/5/16 7:10 pm

I am 9 days away from surgery and I know exactly what you're feeling! It's hard to let go of your normal, everyday life. We all have our routines, etc. But, we will adapt! We will conform to our new lives before you know it.

Stay strong and look forward to the good things! Best of luck with your surgery! 

KTnj63
on 7/6/16 7:31 am
VSG on 07/07/16

Thanks!! 1 day left to go. Oddly I'm less nervous today.  I just want it to be done.  My family is getting more nervous then me.  I think I'm calm for them now. Thanks for the encouragement!!  

kipeep
on 7/6/16 2:43 pm - Tustin, CA
VSG on 08/03/16

I am less than a month from my date and I am feeling the same. Excited but scared at the same time. 

Most Active
Recent Topics