Denial

catlover_87
on 7/5/16 11:28 am
with

I'm very thankful I wasn't presented with the bill afterwards. It's just disheartening. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason and maybe I'm not meant to have the surgery for some unknown reason. I'll keep doing what I can though and maybe things will change with our insurance.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/5/16 2:36 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

So sorry this happened to you. I'd be pissed too if I went thru all the insurance hoops only to find it not covered, but don't let this setback undo all the hard work you put in. I'm guessing like most of us that you have an emotional attachment to food. Does your insurance cover therapy? Getting to the root of what drives you to turn to food & finding alternatives can go a long way towards helping you get the weight off & keep it off.

Definitely get a copy of the paperwork your Dr was going to submit to insurance, & get a copy of your insurance that shows in writing that your policy doesn't cover wls rather than go by the word of whoever you spoke to in the office.

Is your insurance employer based? It could be that your insurance would cover wls if you had a separate plan with them, rather than the one from your job since its likely that your employer decided to not pay into that portion of it anymore. 

If you can swing it get a separate policy for just you that covers wls. You might find a policy that won't have you do the diet again as that is the most time consuming part of the process, & you can use the tests that you already did & use if for the new insurance if it's done in a certain amount of time.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics