Bloated gassy feeling

Queen_Q89
on 7/4/16 6:44 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

Hey guys! So im a year and 4 months post sleeve. I've lost about 75 pounds so far. I want to lose 30 more but I cannot seem to shake this 180 lbs mark. One day my weight will be 180 and two days later it will be 175 and back to 180 again. I dont understand it one bit. I have some extra skin which is expected, but when I look in the mirror my body just looks saggy! Mostly around the stomach because this was where most of my fat was. Recently I'm feeling bloated and very gassy. It has me feeling fat like I have put on weight only in my stomach area. Our stomach is just a very small pouch inside of the body, so how come when ever I eat or drink something my entire abdominal cavity gets so big and bloated?? Even when I wear a waist trainer and I have a drink or a bite of food the swelling is noticeable. I did not have this problem before surgery. Its very depressing to be honest, it feels like I have lost most of my progress. Im going to have a tummy tuck in July 2017, I hope that this will not be a permanent issue. I find that if I take a laxative once a week thats a way to rid the bloat and get my weight back down a few pounds, but I do not want to become dependent on meds. Do any of you guys have this issue?

Sandra F.
on 7/5/16 6:02 am

I have had this problem for a while now (almost 19 months out), along with constipation.  I do not want to be dependent on meds either and was taking fiber pills for a while, but they just made the bloating problem worse.  I talked to my doctor (NOT my bariatric surgeon, but an endocrinologist) last week and told him I am thinking of starting a probiotic and he agreed with that decision.  I haven't done it yet, but thought I would give you an option.  Good luck to you. 

Queen_Q89
on 7/5/16 1:31 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

I'll try it. Thanks

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/5/16 11:12 am

I take probiotics and miralax daily.  

as for the up and down - maintain a good eating plan and weigh yourself often.. eventually you will see a down turned trend

I regained some weight and losing the last 5-10 lbs was a process of ups and downs... but when I woudl look at the graph (I have fitbit) I clearly saw a drop in my "average weight... I would fluctuate around 157... then 156.. then 155... up or down 2-3 lbs... it is frustrating - but as long as you follow eating plan - the scale will move down.. unless you're eating more calories and carbs than you need to lose.. 

now - at goal - my weight can fluctuate up to 2-3 lbs either way... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

happyteacher
on 7/6/16 9:36 pm

These are symptoms of both a hiatel hernia and also gallbladder issues. (I had both post Vsg.) Try to log your food and notice when it is happening. In  my case, if I was eating a higher fat meal then there would be bloating, cramping, gas. It slowly got worse and then started to include vomiting. Gallbladder attacks were all of that with a heavy dose of pain for about 30 minutes, and then sore from the attack for a few days. When it was at its worst, I found switching to an all liquid diet for a few days helped to rest everything. Eventually the gallbladder was removed, and the hernia repaired. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics