Mourning food

SaeedaMI
on 7/25/16 5:02 am
VSG on 07/20/16

You may have already come across this by now, but Pinterest has a lot of recipes. Just type in bariatric recipes.

Tracy D.
on 6/27/16 10:09 am, edited 6/27/16 3:11 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I so remember going through this!  I got to the point where I almost didn't want to eat - I think I cried one night saying, "I'm never going to be able to enjoy food again!" .  I will assure you that this too shall pass....and when it does you will be wishing for the good ol' days when you couldn't or wouldn't eat any of the food your family eats.  

Don't try to shove the sad feelings down - feel them, acknowledge that you are losing a bad old friend that used to provide some comfort (that bad kind!) and focus on what you are gaining from all of this.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Anne O.
on 7/24/16 7:03 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

I am 25 days out and I'm with you there. Same problem. How are you doing now? 

Nancydhu520
on 7/24/16 7:27 pm
VSG on 06/07/16

Every day gets little bit better and some days are more difficult than others...how are you doing?

Anne O.
on 7/24/16 7:39 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

I'm getting better. Now that I can eat, even though it's just a little, I feel more normal. I'm getting in liquids with no problem and yogurt, cottage cheese and soft foods go down great. I tried one of those ricotta bakes tonight and ugh..tooo dense and was too full. 

I have acid reflux that I did not have before surgery and that is the biggest problem I have. I hate it. It's almost controlled by the medicine I'm taking, but not completely. There is still some acid, especially at night. 

Misteek
on 8/7/16 5:56 pm
VSG on 08/11/16

I am so glad to be here and know that this is to be expected. I will have my surgery in 4 days and all of a sudden, last night, I really started mourning the food I couldn't have anymore. Thankfully I have a friend who has been through WLS (although she had the RNY) and she told me to focus on getting healthy and how much better I will feel about my body after the surgery.

This is my first post on this site. Pray for me, y'all. I am taking my first steps on this journey and am encouraged by what I've read from everyone. 

Most Active
Recent Topics