Feeling like I'm stuck

Danagorman
on 6/22/16 10:35 am

so I just found out about this group, and thought this might be a good place to get some feedback. I had my surgery on 5/23, and lost 20 lbs the first week! I feel like everything has come to a screeching halt the last two weeks. Is that pretty common? I think I'm down about 25lbs, but I don't think I've lost anything in the past two weeks. 

LeapSecond
on 6/22/16 12:25 pm - AR

Welcome to the group.  In the top bar of the screen you will see a magnifying glass.  Click on it and type 3 week stall.  You will see it is Avery common question. Stick with your plan. It will come off.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/22/16 12:59 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You will not lose weight every week.

The general pattern seems to be that many folks lose a bunch of weight immediately after surgery (10 - 20lb or more), then things slow WAY down. After the first month, 1 - 2lb per week, slow and steady, is probably average.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mylastchance
on 6/22/16 1:09 pm

You're doing great,  just stick with your plan and you'll start dropping again very soon.  We have all had the same experience and it is frustrating but it is just a temporary stall.  Hang in there and things will be good.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Danagorman
on 6/22/16 2:01 pm

Thank you all so much! This makes me feel so much better!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics